It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
Re: shapeshifting...I dunno, nanotechnology? ;)

Thanks for the answers. Looks like the books and TV series only have the main concept in common then.

I'd totally do Jessica over Sookie. Too bad there are so little female hotties in the series (Queen Sophie Ann is nice too). I couldn't believe Jason wanting that trailer trash girl - she looked like shit. :roll: Meanwhile, ladies get their pick from semi-ridiculously handsome peeps that walk straight out of an underwear commercial (the guy playing Alcide comes to mind). UNFAIR.

- Coach

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:24 pm
Felix Rex

haha, that's straight out of the freaking books, man. They were written by a woman, which may explain parts of it. :roll: BTW, Sookie does not look like she does in the book... she's described as being well rounded... not fat, by any means, but of buxom proportions with big boobs to match.

As for hot chicks...
What about the Russian dancer chick that Eric screws in the basement of his club (tv show). Man...hot. HAWT.

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think she was Estonian on the show, but yeah, ok...that was good too. :P
And I actually had a tv-crush on Daphne, the shapeshifting girl that had something with Sam and was killed by Marianne later.

As for Sookie being well-rounded...well you know what Charlaine Harris looks like don't you? I'd say it's creative license. :lol:

- Coach

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 am
Felix Rex

lolz. Yea, plenty of hot chicks in that tv show. Plenty. Just man meat as well, which I could care less about. Ah well, gotta give the women a reason to watch, right?

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

This is an HBO tv show, not a film, but I think it fits. We read the books (years ago)... very excited.

One of the darkest stories I've ever read. STILL waiting for book 4... for like... 6 years now or something?

Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Count

Yes but book 4 was just given a release date and I have it pre-ordered!! Just have to wait until like July :(

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, funny coincidence. Yay, book 4!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

btw, I recently watched "Let me in", and it was pretty good. I really dug it, actually. What's more interesting is that Shiny and I came away with two different views on the ... neighbor... and her relationships with the ... boys. :roll: At any rate, it's weird for a hollywood movie not to spell out everything.

So, if you get a chance to see it, check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I watched "Vantage Point" coz i got it cheap. I quite liked it eventhough i could predict some plot twist and i really hated the ending but otherwise it was quite enjoyable. Epic fail in the movie however was chase scene with Opel/Vauxhall crashing into two cars with its front end and suddenly in the next scene its fixed. However, money and time well spent.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:14 pm
Felix Rex

We watched RED yesterday... it was a decent action flick with Bruce willis and crap. Completely unrealistic, but still enjoyable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1245526/

We also watched "The Town", which has Ben affleck (and directed by him). It's an ok bank robber movie. Not too awesome, not too bad. An ok way to waste a few hours.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0840361/

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Watched Thor yesterday, and it was pretty good. Not exactly Citizen Kane obviously, but as far as popcorn movies go very enjoyable. :)

- Coach

Tue May 03, 2011 6:32 am
Felix Rex

Jeez, I haven't even heard of it until now. :roll:

Wed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Great reviews for a popcorn movie

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor/

- Coach

Thu May 05, 2011 6:25 am
Felix Rex

sounds good, I may have to acquire a copy for my viewing pleasure.

Thu May 05, 2011 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

So i've been watching quite a few movies..

1. The Dirty Harry collection. 1, 2, 4 are the good ones.

2. Body of Lies and Spy Game. Very similar movies. Redford wipes the floor with Crowe though. I recommend Spy Game.

3. The Dark Knight. What a movie. Good cast, interesting script, good acting.

something something from Spy Game

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 53  Next