It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 53  Next
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
Yeah I didn't mind it too much. Some people wanted them to say "Year x" at the start of each scene but I dislike that in stuff. Unless it's following our years, you rarely will remember what each one said and it won't clarify anything for you that the second event is actually before the first! Like I say, I didn't mind it too much but I did feel they could've done it in a less confusing way. Ciri didn't even need to be in it until episode 4 really. I also felt episode 5 was quite pointless other than maybe 10/15 minutes of it, but that was due to them feeling they needed Ciri in from the start. They could've combined the two episodes into 1 (which is what they did really).

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I agree that The Witcher was great, and it's really cool that they stuck to the first book in terms of a scattered timeline/short stories. It really helped to establish the setting and characters for the next few seasons which should be more conventional. But I also understand that the normies might be confused - it wasn't straightforward, and people these days have short attention spans. :roll: Still, since it appeared on netflix they could always go back and watch the previous episodes if they're confused. No excuses.

- Coach

Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:26 pm
Stranger

The Witcher Season 2 Production Suspended Due To Coronavirus

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-w ... 0-6474797/

Nooo, nooo nonononononono, nooo, get back to work!

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:36 am
Minor Diety

But... Witchers don't get ill!

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Maybe Cavill is a fraud after all... :o

- Coach

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:34 pm
Felix Rex

Oh yea, the Witcher was amazing. Have you guys send the Mandalorian. Freaking awesome. Not as good production values as Witcher, but still REALLY good tv.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

MMm haven't seen it but might as well download it now...not like I'm gonna be doing much else for the coming few weeks. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 am
Felix Rex

Did The Mandalorian not become a big thing there? It was a freaking phenomenon stateside. Far more so than Witcher. I'm talking Game of Thrones level of cultural interest.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Saw most of The Mandalorian. I'm not exactly a Star Wars fan *hides from anger* but was watching it down a friend's house. Unsurprisingly I, like everyone else, will just say yay, baby Yoda! But I did actually enjoy the rest of it too. I think I missed about the first 3 episodes. It hasn't been big in the UK yet due to Disney + only launching today but my friend... er... 'acquired' it.

Is anyone watching Batwoman? Again I've missed the first few episodes but it's coming on terrestrial TV soon so I'll be catching up. Really, really enjoying it. A lot of twists but they don't feel like twists just for the sake of it, they work and are not readily obvious.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Satis wrote:
Did The Mandalorian not become a big thing there? It was a freaking phenomenon stateside. Far more so than Witcher. I'm talking Game of Thrones level of cultural interest.

I think Disney plus isn't active in every European country yet so that may be why I'm relatively oblivious to it. I just checked wikipedia and yep:

Quote:
Area served

Australia, Austria, Germany, Canada, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, United States, and United Kingdom

So....no Belgium, France, Malta, Sweden...no wonder it passed me by! But I'll keep it on my "to wach" list for sure now.

- Coach

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:26 pm
Stranger

You forgot one, the United States of Torrent :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:55 pm
Minor Diety

Peltz wrote:
You forgot one, the United States of Torrent :D.

I would never do that. :P

- Coach

Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:46 am
Felix Rex

Hah. I may occasionally torrent things I can view via one of the services I subscribe to just because it's more convenient.

Watched Terminator: Dark Fate recently. It wasn't horrible.
But holy crap, they killed off John Connor as a kid. One, they killed a kid, and two, didn't that kind of invalidate most of Terminator 2? Well, yes and no, but wtf.

Oh, and have any of you seen MidSommar? I think it's billed as a horror movie, but it's not really, just very very creepy. If you like that kind of thing, I'd recommend checking it out.
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1256832025?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_1

Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I heard about it but haven't seen it. I always assumed it was a Swedish movie because of how they wrote the title but judging by the trailer that isn't really the case? Very interested though, I'm a bit of a Swedophile anyway so will check it out. I didn't even know there was a new Terminator out btw. :roll: They really have been milking that franchise dry over the past 10 years...

- Coach

Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:51 am
Felix Rex

Hah... Midommar is probably Swedish... wouldn't be surprised. And yea... Terminator is totally bled out. However... man do I love the premise. There's no much to live up to, it's hard to make anyone happy, but it's such an amazing story I really hope they manage it.

I watched Jo jo rabbit recently. I liked it. It's a mixture of hilarity and depression. I'd recommend it to anyone not allergic to Nazis.

Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 53  Next