It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
World Cup 2006 
Minor Diety

Post World Cup 2006
I've been watching and playing alot of football these days, im so damn good.

England
---------

So far, toss. Crap game against T&T and crap game against Paraguay. I wouldnt be surprised if they lost to T&T today, and get eliminated thereafter.

Italy
-----

Very impressed. Good passing, and a strong overall game against Ghana. They seem technically fused.

USA
-----

They predictably got smashed against the czech republic 3-0. Im not expecting much from USA.

Netherlands
--------------

I was down at the beach the day they played, so i cant comment.

Belgium
---------

Enough said.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:03 am
Minor Diety

Last few days I've been too busy to start a topic about the greatest game, and now I'm too drunk. Glad you started it.

As far as I see it:
Netherlands: I hope they grow in the tournament, against Servia & Montenegro it wasn't very good.
England: "The only thing Beckham is good at is selling t-shirts" Too true, crap team.
T&T: Go Leo!
Brazil: Did you see Ronaldo?
Germany: Haven't met a decent team yet, just cannon fodder against greater teams.
Chech Republic & Spain: My favourites for the title against Argentina.

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:10 pm
Minor Diety

------

Yeh, Ronaldo is scarily poor. Hes fat, slow, and unmotivated. Im surprised they still kept him on so long. He had 1 good shot, but onyl because it didnt involve any running.

England
---------

I switched the TV off after about 60 minutes. I saw all i needed to see, a shit England. They scored 2 goals after that, but i didnt see them, so i dont know if england had "switched on" or if they had just been gifted them. In any case, if they play like that in the knockout stage, they will exit on the first round.

Spain
------

Impressive score, and nice moves. Could this be their year?

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:12 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, well i was expecting a topic about this after England being certain to qualify. But seems that isn't the reason to start it.

England has been playing pretty poorly indeed, they could as well have lost that game against T&T (the Trinnies, that just sounds so wrong).

Hard to call any favorites after 1 match (i think i missed 2 or 3 matches so far, iran and saudi's and shit).

Spain played well, but the match went very well for them, i wonder how they do if they get behind or stay level for a long while.

Brasil: not so great, get ronaldo out of that team

I thought Germany played rather well, first match their defense wasn't all that and second match their attack wasn't good, but maybe they'll get both at a decent level next matches.

I wonder if Koller will be back in top shape for the Czechs, he's important for them.

Not so convinced by Italy btw, and Holland and Argentina weren't that convincing either. Let's see what they'll do today.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:13 am
Minor Diety

I'm excited about Ivory Coast vs. Holland today :) Should be a nice match!

And England...WTF is that Crouch dude playing for? Sure, he's tall, but I could send him off flying if I sneezed hard. :roll: He's like a poor man's Koller....tall (but not AS tall), but nowhere near Koller's physical presence or technique. And Rooney is an ugly overrated bastard. :)

Brazil didn't convince me either...Ronaldo = big wtf indeed. I think France won't get far now Zidane is on his way out...France IS Zidane. if he's not in shape they're pretty average.

I'm rooting for Argentina, the Czech Republic, Australia and Ivory Coast. With Argentina for the win. ;)

- Coach

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:05 am
Minor Diety

I'm a bit anxious about the Ivory Coast match, I think we're gonna loose.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:18 am
Minor Diety

I hope so!! :twisted: Hehehe, jk. But man, WTF @ the Dutch defense.

Jaliens, Boulahrouz, Kromkamp, Mathijssen, De Cler...that's so second-rate. :o Those guys would have problems even getting into the Belgian national team. :P

- Coach

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:27 am
Minor Diety

I heard talk that Koller is out for good. I dont know.

Yeah, Crouch is a pile of toss. Did you see that spooner of a shot against T&T? The open volley at about 6 yards and he totally spuffed it.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:55 am
Minor Diety

Yeah I know the Dutch defense is wack. Stam should return!
After seeing one half of Argentina goodness, I definatly tip them for the title.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:02 am
Minor Diety

Argentina match was great yeah .. loved it when they brought it the youngsters (tenez or something, messi).

Go Ivory Coast !!

~King of Thieves~

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:48 am
Minor Diety

Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:22 pm
Minor Diety

Hehehe, yeah, I can imagine that's your reaction Arathorn...Holland was great in the first 30 minutes, but then it was almost all Ivory Coast. Could have been 2-2 easily, but the Dutchies held out. Congrats on reaching the 1/16th finals. :P

Regardless of how I feel about Holland (heh) I feel bad for Ivory Coast. It's a real loss, that was a great team to watch: strong, enthusiastic, offensive and talented. They just lack the experience at this level.

Not watching Mexico-Angola, cos I already now how's it gonna end. :roll:

And Argentina just strengthened my belief that they're winner material...they just SMASHED the Serbs. :o

- Coach

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:06 pm
Minor Diety

Yes that was bad. But I was better then against S&M. Let's see if they can improve against Argentina again. Yes Ivory Coast is a sad looser. They should have been in a pool with England or Germany and kick them out instead.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe, yeah, and reveal just how weak England really is. :)

There's a theoretical chance of Ivory Coast becomes best third, right? I sure hope so...but it's unlikely, that's usually a team with 4 points.

- Coach

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:27 pm
Minor Diety

Im not too confident on Argentina. Yeh ok 6-0, but it was against S&M (Just realised how inappropriate that acronym is), and they are by no means a good side on paper. Also, 33% of their goals were scored with one of their players out, Kezman, which should be one of their best. I watched until about 3-0, then i saw all i needed to see. S&M were crap, and there was no chance to recover, whereas Argentina are a team that can score, but that doesnt make them automatically favourites.

Italy is on today against the USA, and i hope Italy realise that they could very well have lost to Ghana, so they dont go out there with the typical Italian mentality of hanging back and enjoying the day out, rather than hunting down opportunities. I expect Italy to win, and if they play like last game, they will.

Czech rep V Ghana is another big game. Come on Ghana!!!

Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next