It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Derf's Official K-1 Thread 
Minor Diety

Post Derf's Official K-1 Thread

Here is my devotion to the sport. I'll open a thread dedicated to K-1 and keep it updated.

-Qualification System
-Official Website
-Best Website

This sport is so great, boxing is on a downward course because of the lack of heavyweight talent. Now is the time to promote K-1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is K-1 is better than boxing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Time Top Fighters
+Ernesto Hoost (Netherlands)
+Peter Aerts (Netherlands)
+Remy Bonjasky (Netherlands)
+Alexei Ignashov (Belarus)
+Musashi (Japan)
+Ray Sefo (New Zealand)
+Mark Hunt (New Zealand)
+Andy Hug (Switzerland)
+Mike Bernardo (South Africa)
+Mirco Filipovic (Croatia)
+Semmy Schilt (Netherlands)
+Stefan Leko (Germany)
New Talent
+Ruslan Karaev (Russia)
+Badr Hari (Netherlands)

Last edited by derf on Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:30 pm
Minor Diety

Well, today in Seoul, they had the usual Asia GP. I didnt watch it myself, theres not way i can. But heres what went down:

Kaoklai Kaennorsing, a relatively new k1 fighter, who was ranked number 8, didnt get past his first opponent. A bit of a dissappointment kind of for myself. I liked his pure muay-thai style, but he has been known for falling infront of big names. Dissappointment.

Peter Aerts unsurprisingly won against some Japanise guy ive never seen fight before in a 2nd round KO.

Good ol' Sefo still at his best, knocked out the most able Ruslan Karaev in 1st round.

And again, the world champion, Semmy Schilt lost superfight. This time against the giant, Hong Man Choi on decision.

The fella who won the GP itself is Fujimoto, of whom ive heard the name, but not seen fight yet.

The next GP will be Sapporo, Japan. July 19.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:38 pm
Minor Diety

Does this K1 thing get broadcasted on any channel other than special pay tv? :P I had never seen or heard about it before you mentioned it on here.

- Coach

Last edited by Rinox on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:06 am
Minor Diety

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:13 am
Minor Diety

Eurosport have shown the odd live event, here and there. But apart from that Eurosport run a programme called Fight Club. In there they allways cover K-1 highlights. I think its weekly.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:47 am
Minor Diety

I just came across this. Definitely one of the most awesome high kick knockout ive ever seen.

http://www.combat.infosplus.net/index.p ... ajstorovic

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:04 pm
Minor Diety

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:40 am
Minor Diety

Yeah nice match. Wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that kick :shock:

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:35 am
Minor Diety

Just saw yesterdays K1 semi finals. Awesome stuff. Aerts was sick, so Le Banner took his place.

Karaev knocked out Hari in 1st round in a slightly dirty way but its all good.
Bonjasky massacred Goodridge like ive never seen before.
Feitosa won against Slowinski. Experience and good karate skills go a long way.
Schilt (current world champ) KO'd Bregy in 2nd round. Broke his cheek i think with a left straight.
Sefo lost to Leko on decision. Leko was just more hungry.
Hoost TKO'd Fujimoto, a good boxer grounded by the kickboxing legend.
Didnt see Musashi Vs Faust.
Le Banner scraped a decision from Choi.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:02 am
Minor Diety

Just to let you lucky bastards in the NL know, this Saturday, on SBS6 will be shown the K1 2006 Finals!!!

Schilt - LeBanner is a tough one. I would like Le Banner to win, he deserves it, plus i dont particulaly like Schilt at the moment.

Hoost - Chalid - Can grandad Hoost pull it off one more time? Against hyperactive Chalid, i think not.

Feitosa - Karaev - A technicians wet-dream. Intricate karate Vs. crisp muay thai. I think Feitosas experience will pull through.

Bonjasky - Leko - Leko is very much the dark horse. He's an old legend making a late comeback, but Bonjasky is on top form. Remy should take it.

As for the semi finals + finals. God knows.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:54 pm
Minor Diety

Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:19 pm
Minor Diety

Damn you indeed. If only I had the option of watching it live on TV. No worries, i downloaded it all about 1hr after the live event. Surprise surprise, another Dutchman won it. Semmy Schilt with his collossal height and boring yet efficient karate style saw off a hungry Le Banner, retiring Hoost, and Aerts in the final.

A somewhat strange K1 final. Remy won his quarter final, but had to retire from the GP after recieveing a bad kick to the nuts during the fight.

Now I want to see next year who will be able to deal with Schilt. There is no one at the moment in my opinion that can handle his style, unless Alexei Ignashov makes a comeback.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:45 pm
Felix Rex

...but had to retire from the GP after recieveing a bad kick to the nuts...

:shock:

Is it possible to have a good kick to the nuts?

Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Haha. Well, yes. Those whose pain goes away after a minute or two.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]