It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Iran eyes badges for non-Muslims 
King

Post Iran eyes badges for non-Muslims
http://www.canada.com/components/print. ... 0f&k=32073

Quote:
Human rights groups are raising alarms over a new law passed by the Iranian parliament that would require the country's Jews and Christians to wear coloured badges to identify them and other religious minorities as non-Muslims.

"This is reminiscent of the Holocaust," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, the dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles. "Iran is moving closer and closer to the ideology of the Nazis."

Iranian expatriates living in Canada yesterday confirmed reports that the Iranian parliament, called the Islamic Majlis, passed a law this week setting a dress code for all Iranians, requiring them to wear almost identical "standard Islamic garments."

The law, which must still be approved by Iran's "Supreme Guide" Ali Khamenehi before being put into effect, also establishes special insignia to be worn by non-Muslims.

Iran's roughly 25,000 Jews would have to sew a yellow strip of cloth on the front of their clothes, while Christians would wear red badges and Zoroastrians would be forced to wear blue cloth.

Fri May 19, 2006 8:13 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

wtf are these guys thinking? At the rate they're going, they're going to piss off the entire first world and spark a massive Iran-smashing war within the next 5 years.

I hope they pass that idiot law, and then I hope there are major reports of abuses done toward Christians/Jews. That'll just speed along Iran's eventualy demise.

Fri May 19, 2006 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think Britain has its hands full with humanitarian issues in Africa, so apart than condemnation, i think Britain would rather deal with issues in Africa if it wished to maintain consistency in its policies. However, i would be surprised if any government remained consistent in times like these.

Fri May 19, 2006 8:43 am
King

Iran is heading down the wrong road.

I think Britain has its hands full with humanitarian issues in Africa, so apart than condemnation, i think Britain would rather deal with issues in Africa if it wished to maintain consistency in its policies. However, i would be surprised if any government remained consistent in times like these.

This is the one particular way to get everyone pissed off by reminding people of the holocaust. Europe WILL NOT stand another one.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sat May 20, 2006 11:01 am
Felix Rex

well, it's lucky for Europe that Iran is in Asia then.

Sat May 20, 2006 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
King

I think anywhere would be scary.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sun May 21, 2006 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]