It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Holidays/Vacations 
Minor Diety

Post Holidays/Vacations
I thought it'd be a good idea to open up a thread relevant to all kinds of holidays and stuff we all go on. Mainly because i've just got back from (another) 2 week trip to Italy, as youve probably noticed by my absence... (or not :) ).

What i'd like to do is post a few photos too of where ive been.

There, (all taken by me, obviously):

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by derf on Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:23 pm
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Minor Diety

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:02 pm
Minor Diety

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:03 pm
Minor Diety

Great stuff Derf, especially liked the pics of the Dolomites. :) Almost makes me wanna go out and jump on a train to go and see stuff all around Europe....if it didn't cost that much, that is.

Did you spend a lot of time around the restaurants? When I was in Italy, I was positively shoving food down my throat the whole time...it was glorious. And to think that I come from a country with an actual culinary heritage, think what a Brit would do there. ;) Of course, you're probably long familiar with the food with your dad being Italian and everything.

See any volcanoes btw? I love them...the sulphury smell around them, the miles of barren wastelands and the sudden change of temperature. Good stuff.

In case anyone wondered what my holiday looked like: I worked at a sweatshop (old folks' home), then sat around in Belgium not doing much of anything, trying not to waste too much money. It sucks, because I realized than one of the nr.1 money-consuming things in my life is booze...so, I cut down on it. Surprisingly, it's not all that much of a loss. :o Anyoo....I'm gonna attend an info-session coming Friday on a course I'm thinking of following next year, we'll see.

- Coach

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:24 am
Minor Diety

Isn't a sweatshop a place where children do forced labour?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:59 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, yeah, kinda. It's just in general a place where ppl are forced to do crappy work for crappy pay because they need to in order to survive. Not really restricted to kids, but with the "need to in order to survive" thing it's no surprise that ppl also have their kids work to increase the family income. :)

And since I work because it is necessary for my survival (well, my PC gaming's survival) I consider myself to be working in a sweatshop. :P Only when I can make my hobbies my job I won't be working in a sweatshop. Fingers crossed for that ever happening. :)

- Coach

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:21 am
Minor Diety

- No, i didnt spend much time at all in restaurants. I ate at my uncles/aunts/grandparents houses. So that was all free! :D

- The average Brit would very much like most of the Italian food, however there are a couple of problems. The average Brit a) Knows Nothing about food, b) Is not adventurous in terms of eating.

- My dad Italian? So is my mother, and all the rest of my family!

- No, didnt see any volcanoes unfortunately.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:42 am
Minor Diety

- No, i didnt spend much time at all in restaurants. I ate at my uncles/aunts/grandparents houses. So that was all free! :D

You whore! Next thing you'll say is that they make their own pasta and mozzarella! :wink: But cool...and didn't realize your entire family was Italian. Learn something new everyday!

- Coach

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:20 am
Minor Diety

Lol, no. Unfortunately, it wasnt home-made stuff. That would've been too divine!

Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:53 am
King

I'm back... I spent three weeks away then my internet broke so I'm sorry for the delay :x I might post pics of pine martens for people to have a look at too. We had three in our back garden.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]