It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Data at your fingertips 
King

Post Data at your fingertips
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050718/ ... 718-3.html

Quote:
Could your fingernails be used as credit cards?

Researchers in Japan have managed to carve tiny numbers and pictures into a fingernail, in the form of microscopic dots burnt into the nail by laser.

The team has only managed the feat on nail clippings so far, but they hope the process could one day be used to securely carry information on live fingertips. It might even replace credit cards, they suggest, although you'd have to get your information carved in every six months or so as the nail grows out.

Yoshio Hayasaki of the University of Tokushima and colleagues say a single fingernail could accommodate something like 800 kilobytes of data. That won't provide room for a high-resolution photo, but would be enough to store basic identification information.

...MORE

Very strange

The Bible wrote:
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:51 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

I don't see the use of this. You'ld have to get a new tag periodically as the article says, so why not implant a chip in someone's arm to carry information? Assuming that you want that info always on your body off course.
I'm not sure what you want to say with those bible quotes, all rather coincidential.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:52 am
Felix Rex

They've done that with RFIDs...implanting it into people's arms, I mean.

Link

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yes, that's what I meant, but I couldn't remember the acronym.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:21 am
Minor Diety

The thing about the bible is that, like Nostradamus, it could apply to just about anything. Other than that Revelations is part apocryphical. Ie, some funny guy writing about the end of the world gloating in his grave about us. :)

- Coach

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:22 pm
Minor Diety

Read somewhere that they recently found out that the 'number of the beast' wouldn't be 666 but 800 something (don't recall)

-that on a total irrelevant sidenote-

But i don't see how this would be a good invention, if it isn't permanent why bother .. implanting chips etc. seems easier, also easier to modify-update-...

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:48 am
King

Sounds like yall are for having id chips implanted in your body? It doesnt matter though, soon enough Im sure a law will be passed requiring everyone to have one installed for "national secruity reasons".

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:41 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

like I've said before, there are some things that I will never do.

I will never give up my guns
I will never allows myself to be chipped

there're others too, but it's early. About the time this becomes compulsory I'll either.

1. Run into the hills with my guns and take potshots at gmen
2. perpetrate some very loud civil disobedience.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds like yall are for having id chips implanted in your body? It doesnt matter though, soon enough Im sure a law will be passed requiring everyone to have one installed for "national secruity reasons".

lol, why would you think that? Course I don't want that. And 'national security'...we haven't started any gulag camps over here yet, so I guess we'll be good for a while. :)

- Coach

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:08 pm
Minor Diety

You're pointing at a big problem here. I refuse to have something like that implanted if I'm not in absolute controll over when and what information will be accessed by whom or what. IMO this can only be used like something like a PIN pass with a code that's only known by you.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:56 pm
King

ElevenBravo The Great wrote:

You're pointing at a big problem here. I refuse to have something like that implanted if I'm not in absolute controll over when and what information will be accessed by whom or what. IMO this can only be used like something like a PIN pass with a code that's only known by you.

Sure, you could be lead to believe that but how would you know? It might have satilite tracking in it.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:00 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Well it doesn't have to be made by any government. We know what's inside computers, I'm sure there will be plenty of people who can analyze what's in such a chip.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]