It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
What Are You Doing In The Summer? (Northern Hemispherians) 
Minor Diety

Post What Are You Doing In The Summer? (Northern Hemispherians)
Jesus, the weather is so good. I have my final exam on Monday, i dont give a shit even if i fail it, i just want to get out and so something.

Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:53 am
Felix Rex

my school year completed a bit ago. In fact, I'm now taking a summer class (started on Monday). So....40 hours a week of work, plus 2 hours of school afterward Monday-Thursday. Thankfully it's only a month. Then, immediately after, I'm taking another class for summer 2. Still 40 hours of work, then 4 hours of school every day, Monday - Thursday. :) I'm so thrilled.

Following that, I still won't have any degrees. :cry:

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. I bask in the irony of you having an estimated 10x the practical knowledge I have, yet I'm a max 2.5 months away from a master's. And the greatest thing is: wtf can I actually do? I know English, sure, but I'm not spectacular at it. And as far as literature goes...hahaha.

Man, if i ever graduate it would be a greater insult to the 'system' than blowing up the uni HQ building. :roll:

Erh, but anyway, this brings me to my summer: I'll be mostly slaving around in the old folks' home, washing dishes in an unairconditioned room. :/ But the job has one major advantage: i only do afternoon shifts, so I get to sleep off hangovers. Other than that i'll be keenly following the Tour de France, bum around and have fun. That's July.

August is unclear for now...for one, I don't know yet if I'll have to redo exams in the summer, maybe we'll get wiser about that in a few days' time. :twisted: So that's already a yes or no...I'll have to think about my future too. Will I do a master-after-master, a specialization, look for a job, live on wellfare, do a bit of travelling or -god forbid- a Phd...who knows? Joining J in the wellfare department is an attractive prospect though. :D Oh, and I should try to get a gf some time.

I used to do some festivals every year; but by know I realize that it sucks. Well, it doesn't suck, but 3 days at a festival take away a year of your life. =/

Mm, any more things I want/will do? Oh yeah, in August i'm gonna assemble a new pc or upgrade my old one. yay for money!

- Coach

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:56 pm
Minor Diety

I think I'll be working a lot... and even studying I'm afraid. I prolly have to do exams in August.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:39 am
Minor Diety

work, pay off debts, work... did i mention work? hopefully work enough to get money to upgrade my PC in time for Fable: The Lost Chapters and Black and White 2 though

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:26 am
Profile WWW
Knight

alot of working and fight with the husband and that might lead to alot of drink. But on a brighter note! since i only live 2 miles from the gulf i might actually spend sometime at clearwater beach. But I really don't think that will happen its just to damm hot here.

Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:17 am
Profile YIM
King

Yeah its been nice in England too. My summer is as follows from this week: Do 6hrs of exams with 30 min break, day after see REM in concert for 7hrs (!) with Feeder and Zutons supporting. Then finish my exams have a Star Wars theme night (Battlefront and films night and playing Jedi Academy with my mates) then spend three weeks working, three weeks on holiday in Scotland then the rest of the summer doing SFA until the end of September.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:19 pm
Minor Diety

omg you're going to scotland... i hate you. i haven't been there in like... 3 years now... *loves scotland* whereabouts you going?

Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For the remainder of this month im going to be preparing my house at Uni for next year, that means on Friday my housmetes and i will have a final cleaning session so that the new people moving in will find a nice clean home (and the landlord hopefully will give our deposit back). Also, after that im gonna try and find employment for 1.5 months work (probably impossible).

In July, hopefully ill be working and putting some money aside. But chances are i wont be. So in this case ill be devoting all that free time to playing football and pre-reading Unix, SQL and Oracle for yr 2 of Uni.

August, ill be Italy for 2 weeks with my brother! Cant wait. I need to start organising stuff as soon as i finish Uni and get home because my Bro (although being older) doesnt care much for planning.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:26 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
going away in 4 weeks to cornwall, then the rest of the summer will be getting ready for the baby to appear in jan. :D

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 am
Minor Diety

uh oh... now i might just be being slow here and missed you telling us elsewhere but another badjoke on the way? there is no mercy... hehe.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

omg,....you peeps are starting to squirt out progeny? :shock: Oh well, as long as Ox doesn't have kids, the world is safe for capitalism.

Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
uh oh... now i might just be being slow here and missed you telling us elsewhere but another badjoke on the way? there is no mercy... hehe.

shut up you :P

yep, number 2 child is on the way, and the mother is vomiting everywhere. good fun. :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:25 pm
King

omg you're going to scotland... i hate you. i haven't been there in like... 3 years now... *loves scotland* whereabouts you going?

Ardnamurchan

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 am
Minor Diety

ooh its nice round there... lucky bastard.

and lol bj, sounds great fun... oh well, only one thing for it then i guess *gets out large blunt knife* it'll only take a few seconds... *evil grin* 2 of your spawn is more than this world can take...

Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next