It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Zone (of something or other) 
Minor Diety

Post The Zone (of something or other)
Damn. :shock:

Have you ever worked so hard on something that suddenly the words you are using no longer make sense to you?

For example:

Ive been working away at a Systems Analysis assignment now non-stop for 6 hours in front of a computer, planning, drafting, typing and suddenly the word "begin" made no sense to me anymore.

I found it a bit funny at first, but then i was thinking, maybe ive reached some kind of Zone (After all, i was reaching a scary rate of productivity before i started posting this topic).

It's fascinating how the brain works. The work i was doing was very Logic based, so for 6 hours my brain had been pounding away at solving Logic and suddenly when a particular non-Logic thought entered my mind, my brain was incapable of understanding its significance. Or at least that's one possible explanation. :)

Oh well. Best get back to it.

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:50 am
Minor Diety

lol actually yes. if im in a bored or thinking mood and just repeat a word over and over in my head (any word) then i will always start to wonder just why that word was chosen for that particular meaning/name/whatever and it will always start to sound funny too. not done it in a while though

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sure, if i'm doing an all-nighter over a paper I start doubting the simplest of words...it's scary, sometimes, when you can't remember if you spelled wednesday correct or not. Luckily, there's the net and dictionaries. :)

- Coach

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:02 pm
Minor Diety

Yet another observation that occurred to me while blazing away at a paper today.

Sat at a desk, researching and drafting an essay with books:

If the book is on my left, and im writing to the right - my handwriting is poor. If the book is on my right and im writing to the left, my handwriting is good, but i often check the sentence in hte book because i forget what im writing.

It could be that this has got to do with the left/right side of the brain. Alternatively, it could just be that there is something on the left side that is distracting me, like a cute girl! ;)

Or it could also be nothing but a conicidence.

Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]