It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 603 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
Cool Stuff 
Minor Diety

Post Cool Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yankeesbann ... 4f5fG4tTYw

FFWD to 2:21 if you don't have a penchant for bomb-making.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:45 pm
Felix Rex

Post Re: Cool Stuff
neat. So how do you get potassium nitrate? Strangely enough, there're some videos on how to make them out of cold packs. :)

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

This video is a documentary on the migration to solar power

It's about 45 minutes long and in English. Have fun. :)

- Coach

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:37 am
Minor Diety

This is a two-part animation, part comedy and part informative (and part conspiracy theorist) on the banking crisis...it's well worth the watch, even if it's 2 X 15 mins

- Coach

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 am
Minor Diety

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:33 pm
Minor Diety

Awesome!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

that was very creative

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pwnz0r Nepali soldier

http://xnepali.com/a-gurkha-soldier-who ... -of-india/

Quote:
Bishnu Shrestha, a brave Gurkha soldier in Indian Army, defeated 40 train robbers while returning home after a voluntary retirement. The Indian army, is going to awarded Bishnu with Sourya Chakra, Bravery Award and Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha medals during the Indian Republic Day celebration on January 26.

While in the train, Maurya Express from Ranchi to Gorakhpur on September 2, 2010, 35 year-old Bishnu saved a girl about to be raped by train robbers, in front of her helpless parents. After looting the train, when the robbers started stripping the 18 year old girl in front of him, he couldn’t contain his calmness. He took out his khukari and attacked the group of 40 robbers, alone. In the fight, he killed three of dacoits and injured eight others. Remaining looters ran for their lives.

The police arrested the eight injured dacoits and recovered Rs. 400,000 in cash, 40 gold necklaces, 200 cell phones, 40 laptops and other items left by the robber while fleeing the train.

In recognition of his bravery, his regiment has already awarded Bishnu with a cash reward of Rs. 50,000 and has terminated his voluntary retirement so that, he could get the customary promotion after he receives the medals. In addition to that, he will also receive a cash rewards from the government, special discounts in international air tickets, and discounts in Indian railways train tickets.

- Coach

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 am
Minor Diety

Kinda makes your want to go hero on your daily commutes, eh Ox?

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:26 am
Minor Diety

Haha, I don't carry a Kukhri (or a gladius)! :( I have intervened a few times when (mostly drunks) were harassing people on the bus or tram in the past though. Last time was actually only a week ago. Was driving the bus to my parents' house which is a little outside of the city. It was 17h so broad daylight, and some guy was utterly wasted and talking nonsense to himself in the back seat. Just going "you motherfuckers" to no one in particular etc. Anyway, we were almost 3/4th of the way when he seemed to wake up and started talking to a girl, who was obviously not too pleased with it (we're talking barely able to stand on your feet drunk).

After a while, because none of the dudes near her said anything, I just asked her if she wanted to sit with me at the front of the bus. The dude sweared a little from the other side and then went to stand in the middle of the bus, near the door, just looking and talking. I went to the driver and asked him if he would mind me throwing the guy off the bus the next stop. Driver said nope, opened the door, I pushed the guy on the sidewalk and off we went. :lol: the fact that he was tiny (1.70m or 5'6") and incredibly drunk helped a lot, obviously.

Fucking drunks. I mean, get wasted for all I care, but don't go harassing people. And I hate it that other assholes are too pussy to say something and make me have to do something all alone. I try to avoid it, cause you never know when someone pulls a knife or a gun on you. Or when a midget is a martial arts professional. :P

- Coach

Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:37 am
Felix Rex

dude, martial arts midgets are a truly dangerous threat.

Amazing at the Indian guy. I'm curious if that was exaggerated at all, though it makes a great story even if it is. I can't think of any time that I rescued people lately. The fact I don't use public transportation may have something to do with that though. I think the most noble thing I've done is hold the door open for a woman.

Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I dont know wtf this is but i thought it was pretty cool:

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 am
Felix Rex

is that what happens to you when you live in the middle of nowhere and it's -20C out?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

WTF but he's driving a Volvo so it's cool.

Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Minor Diety

This is great, Neil Gaiman talking very considerately about piracy and how it affected his sales

- Coach

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 603 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next