It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
The Eclipse 
Felix Rex

Post The Eclipse
We had an eclipse in north America today and it passed right over Dallas. I've seen partial eclipses before and they're kind of neat and all, but I was not prepared for how totally awesome a total solar eclipse actually is. Totality lasted about 4 minutes and it was pretty freaking epic. I can't speak to how many people were raptured, sent to hell, or were abducted by aliens.

Images taken via a phone camera. The pictures of partial eclipses were taken through the lens of eclipse glasses. The totality was taken naked :wink:. The weather was partially cloudy, but in Texas in April that's a good thing. We got to see the eclipse without burning to death.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: The Eclipse
Nice, really cool to be able to see that.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:27 am
Minor Diety

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing. We had one in the 90s when I was a kid here in the UK. I vaguely remember it in a "that was so cool way" but the old brain has mostly pushed it out for more recent stuff :D I do remember us making the viewers in school.

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Satis, i think it is a solar eclipse. the next one is in 2026 but visible from europe. During a lunar eclipse, the Earth's shadow falls on the moon.

Be well or Get Help!!

Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:35 pm
Felix Rex

Yup, you're totally right. It's a solar eclipse, my mistake and thanks for the correction. The pictures don't do it justice, by the way. The camera tries to compensate for the light, plus I had to crank up the zoom to get a good image. It's totally awe-inspiring in person. Plus just watching the world slowly getting darker until totality, when it becomes a really weird dusk-type light (at 1:40pm). If you ever get a chance to see one, it's worth it. I'm not surprised people were flooding into the area from all over the world to watch it. Seemed a little nutty at first, but now I get it.

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:07 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]