It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329
Funny Stuff II 
Stranger

Post Re: Funny Stuff II

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 am
Stranger

Quote:
@pirateadam3686

My wife took her car to Costco to get new tyres. Got them done and picked it up - standard "Tighten the lugs after 50ish miles" clause at the bottom. Do this every time, so no worries.

50(ish) miles later I go to do just that. Socket doesn't fit. I look at them and they are all different lug nuts! Different colour and no security nut on any wheel! I was mad... I tried my 20mm, but it was too small. I ordered a 22mm and it didn't fit between the nut and the wheel recess. How?! What demonic socket did they use to get them back on in the first place. I was ready to drill the lot out, replace them with an OEM pack and sue Costco with righteous fury!

Wife called them and asked about it, they said bring it in and have a look. I'd get answers, and find what strange tools they used, no doubt in order to con the paying customer for more money...

Guy looked at the wheels and asked what the problem was. I told him all about my adventure trying to find Cinderella's Socket. He said to take the caps off and he'd have a look...

Caps? What caps?

He then proceeds to open my boot and take out a little pair of tweezers and remove the large, grey caps to reveal all the 18mm lugnuts (and security ones) underneath.

It was a very quiet drive back home and I swear I could hear my wife grinning...

I swear they weren’t on there when I put the wheels on last time!

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:13 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329