It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 43  Next
Music 
Felix Rex

Oh yea, Yngwie, Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. Who I'm seeing in concert in another month and a half. :)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No all three of them together, I presume? Cause then I would have to kill you. With a spork. :)

- Coach

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:51 am
Count

Actually yes :) But we have lots of concerts coming up. Danzig, Dimmu borgir, NIN, GWAR, others....

It is one of the few outtings Satis and I do. We take trips but we don't really hit the bars/clubs anymore. Might as well enjoy good music.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:58 am
Felix Rex

no, don't listen to shiny, all three are not playing the same concert. She's been smoking the rock again. Just Satriani.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Not my usual kind of stuff but I heard it on the radio the other day and loved it.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U8L6fJRoTEk

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:28 pm
Minor Diety

Man, I love Falco...I was at the movies yesterday and they played Jeannie in the pre-movie muzak. It's still fucking awesome :twisted:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=IzlDHxiou08

Jeannie! Quit living on dreams! Some hardcore 80's German elektro-goth-lame-pop. I love it.

- Coach

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 am
Minor Diety

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTxqMg-OKQ
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=MG-cA0vu9-Y

The lyrics of Jeanny are quite disturbing:
Quote:
Du brauchst mich doch, hmh?
Alle wissen, daß wir zusammen sind ab heute,
jetzt hör ich sie! Sie kommen
Sie kommen, dich zu holen
Sie werden dich nicht finden
Niemand wird dich finden, du bist bei mir!

I dunno, something in his music has "quality". It's not all just hilarious, I sometimes like to listen to it even when not laughing.

EDIT: Ooh, and this one is cool, though just in a bad way.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:44 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Rock me Amadeus was the first single I ever brought :mrgreen:

Flock of seagulls ftw!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9RPyznAPg

EDIT: After also watching this one I defy anyone to find an uglier band! or a cheaper budget video for that matter

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=uUjIA3Rt7 ... re=related

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:36 pm
Minor Diety

LOL @ a flock of seagulls man, that is some seriously awesome stuff! :D it's kinda hard to imagine now that there was a time that looking like that was cool...

And Arathorn, Jeanny is seriously fucked up yeah. :) If anyone other than Falco said that shit he'd be locked up. Fo shizzles. It's like with that Enrique Iglesias song, the one with Anna Kournikova in the video. He goes "you can run, you can hide, but you can't escape my love!" in the chorus.

I always kinda thought that if you, me or pretty much any other man said that to a woman IRL, he'd freak the frak out of her. :P Restraining order here we come!

P.S. what makes Jeanny even stranger is that Jeanny part 2 and 3 aren't half as dramatic or freaky. I guess he isn't really talking about killing her so no one else can have her...more like a metaphor.

- Coach

Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:26 am
Minor Diety

There was a lot of controversy surrounding the first Jeanny (similar to complains about gangster rap glorifying murder), so perhaps he made those songs to tune that down a bit.

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:58 am
Count

So.... I am excited to go see Joe Satriani this evening. Should be fun. It is not often you get to see someone that should be in history books. On a side note - I find it kinda sad that out of all my coworkers etc, nobody knows who he is. I find that on the lines of not know BB King, Aretha Franklin, The Doors, Malmasteen (OK excuse my spelling on names please it is early and I am in too much of a rush to go look it up - I will try to edit them later but blah I suck :)

Anyway - I am sure Satis and I will let you know how the show is/was!

Cheers (once it is a bit later - way too early for me just yet).

Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:00 am
Felix Rex

So, we may not have mentioned, but last Thursday we saw Danzig. Dimmu Borgir and several other bands opened and they were actually all pretty damned good. Dimmu was great except when their bassist started singing. Guys singing in falsettos to death metal just doesn't do it for me.

Danzig is freakin' awesome. The guy's kinda aging a bit, but he's still got it. Here's a link to probably the most popular Danzig song. It's not for everyone, but I think most people would agree he's got a voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSn0SbQJQI

I even went and participated in the mosh pit and not only held my own but was able to do some decent damage. I even had the bruises to prove it. :P

Last night we saw Joe Satriani who has got to be one of the best guitarists in the history of the world. He's seriously amazing and watching him live is incredible. He was opened up for by Mountain, a 70s acid rock band that I'd never heard of. Shiny had, though, and to be honest they were pretty good. And quite entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KszD_MfB798
(no youtube access so if either of those links don't work, sorry)

Anyway, it was a good time. I'm quite ready for the weekend so I can recuperate, though. No more concerts for a few weeks. Not until Gwar in early December. :twisted:

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

~King of Thieves~

Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:55 pm
Minor Diety

*has visions about Satis in the mosh pit*

Sounds like a great time though, i hope you elbowed some faces in. :P Liked the Danzig song too. :) And Satriani, well, it just isn't physically possible for him to suck.

Nerdgasm: Felicia Day (from The Guild, Dr. Horrible) sings the song "Still Alive" from Portal on stage at PAX. The singing along is fun and creepy at the same time.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XfyeJ6CX0vI

- Coach

Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:46 am
Felix Rex

Well,one of my favorite bands, Ohgr recently released a new album. Considering that Skinny Puppy is back together (he's also their singer) I was surprised but quite happy.

Anyway, it's music so I thought I'd share. :P

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 43  Next