It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next
Music 
Minor Diety

Well, I didn't feel attacked, I was just explaining the situation. :P 8-)
When (if) I'm depressed I feel more like listening to Madness, they often succeed to bring depressive lyrics on very happy tunes. I've got their greatest hits album, found it for 10 euro gathering dust in a record store and just couldn't resist. :P

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:35 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

got the keiser chiefs album the other day, man what a let down..about 5 good songs and 7 pieces of shit :roll: avoid it like the plague people.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:23 pm
Emperor

Well, beside the Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian and partialy Nightwish I'm as well a fan of Symphony X, the group from North America. I like the way they use instruments, musical forms and expressions and the ability to make feeling of real symphony orchestra (hey, only 5 ppl there). Now they have an excellent singer, composer and drumm section. Well, I don't like design of the official site ( http://www.symphonyx.com/ ) and the CD covers (anyway, even not how they look) but there are thing, which are much more important, when we speak about one band.

Lured. What can say ppl who have heard of?

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've seen a local band called El Guapo Stunt Team 2 times in the past few months, and both concerts rocked ass. basically they're an oldschool guitar hardrock band with a stuntman on stage doing firetricks etc. (Captain Catastrophy). I wouldn't buy one of their cd's, but their concerts are always fun. :) Check out http://www.elguapostuntteam.tk/

and watch their video for 'Battle across the stereo spectrum'...it's actually a darn good job for a low-budget thing, and delightfully over the top and up-tempo.

http://users.skynet.be/guapo/guapoclip. ... unction%5D

- Coach

Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:45 pm
Minor Diety

Let's give this topic a new fuelinjection with the new Rammsteinclip called Benzin

(get it: fuelinjection - benzin :lol: )

:roll:

~King of Thieves~

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:49 am
Minor Diety

Nice vid (as always), but didn't really like the cartoonish firetruck thing. Loved the tear in the end tho. :)

The video for the remix of the Prodigy's 'Voodoo People' is one of the best videos I've seen a long time...great concept, well worked out. It's also a great remix of a great song, so that's a plus.

the quicktime version:

http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/ ... deos/1926/

very small and hard to make anything out tho, better try the avi (bigger but streams worse)

http://www.secutor.nl/macky/videoclips/ ... um%20Remix)%20(encoded%20by%20Zumo).avi

Just copy-paste the damn thing, won't link on here. :P

- Coach

Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:29 am
Minor Diety

I'm sorry but it can't get even close to the original.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:38 am
Minor Diety

I never said it was better or equal, just that it was a great remix. ;) I don't have a specific preference myself.

Nothing comes close to No Good tho...that's one hell of a dance song. Probably one of the best dance songs I ever heard. Awesome.

- Coach

Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:51 pm
Minor Diety

I really like the Prodigy, except for the latest album off course. But I don't worry for their future, they're gonna get it right again sooner or later.

The problem with remixes is that if they're not better then the original, the only effect they have on me is that I want to hear the original.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:43 pm
Felix Rex

some remixes are better than the original, imo.

ever heard of "boulevard of broken songs"? It's a remix of Green Day vs. Oasis vs. Travis vs. Eminem

much better than the originals.

http://www.partyben.com/

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool...a good DJ (and I mean a real DJ) can make some insanly cool music out of otherwise plain records. I'm even sometimes surprised by the 'mash' thing they do on mtv, where they mix up both the music and clips of two songs. Works out great from time to time.

- Coach

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:10 pm
Seigneurial Lord

lol I've been looking for a while for that Rammstein vid.

*5 mins later*

Thought the 'fire truck bashing everything in its path' was a bit... well... over the top. Hope the rest of the album will have better vocals than this song, although I loved the bridge (as usual).

And I once heard an MTV mix of Blur - Song 2 and Madison Avenue - Don't Call Me Baby. "Don't Call Me Song 2" That song was just class :P

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3FLB-tU0Q

It's a good song too, as far as hardtrance goes. :P

Arathorn will probably feel the lure of 'jumping' when he hears the song. :twisted:

Note: "jumpen" is a really retarded dance style for teenagers taking Holland by storm. And Germany and Belgium. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:12 am
Emperor

Dunno why such songs make me feel depressive.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:34 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

dude...that song was.... lame. And the video was retarded. Thanks for destroying more of my limited lifespan. :P

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 43  Next