It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 43  Next
Music 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Music
I'd make some wiseguy remark about how you think this video features in your condemnation of my occasionally gay/kitsch musical tastes :roll: but it's Monday morning and my brain is mush.

- Coach

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:58 am
Felix Rex

yaya, are you calling vivaldi gay? :p

take this

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Making Reggae versions of masterpieces sounds like a bad idea, but Easy Star All Stars make it work:

The also made cover versions of Dark Side of the Moon (Dub Side of the Moon) and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Easy Star's Lonely Hearts Dub Band), but I'm less familiar with those albums, so the effect of hearing a different version is less big.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:16 am
Felix Rex

hmm, I'm more familiar with the two albums you didn't post than the ones you did. :roll: It's not bad for reggae.

not sure if I posted this before, but another example of the flexibility of reggae.

Skindred:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Do you have a link to the original? I'd like to compare the two.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:52 pm
Felix Rex

I was pretty sure this was a cover, but I have no idea who the original was by. Some quick googling didn't turn up an answer. So... nope, no link to an original, sorry.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTBU2nS-IU

Here's a catchy tune from estonian artist.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Felix Rex

I read 'catchy tune' and 'estonian' and was like... great.. it's like an Estonian Abba. I was wrong. It was worse. Much...much worse. It's like an Estonian Justin Bieber using autotune.

/me gives Peltz a hug

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I didn't like it either. It was kind of like Eurovision but not so rushed.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Minor Diety

All this made me think of Latvian Eurovision winners Brainstorm, which was a catchy pop diddly as well.

God I love Eurovision camp.

- Coach

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:58 am
Felix Rex

zomg that horrific. And the dude's English.... I thought he was singing in some jacked up language at first. But no, he's just butchering the shit out of English. :shock:

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's nothing brah, you should hear the majority of the Eurovision entries now that you're allowed to sing in any language you like (so usually English). :shock: Last year's winner was an 18-yr old German girl with a thick accent, check it:

She is a hottie though...which helps for considering it to be 'cute' instead of 'painful'. :P

lol @ gwar. Man they don't make them like that any more. It's all too serious now.

- Coach

Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:01 am
Felix Rex

lolz @ the chick... jeez man, her voice is like an octave or two too deep. She's scary. :o BTW, shiny saw Gwar in concert a week or two ago. I couldn't go because of school. :(

Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Here's some more "softy" music from estonia :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/Imtbofficia ... VKDUsEM4aE

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 am
Minor Diety

Haha, that was awesome. In a weird "bland pop tune I don't understand" kind of way. ;) There isn't enough eurotrash on the radio these days anymore dammit!

- Coach

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 633 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 43  Next