It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next
Music 
Minor Diety

You got an iPod? Why?
Those things are a waste of money if you ask me, you can get more functionality on cheaper harddrive players.

Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:57 pm
Duke

I have an iPod :mrgreen: and they aren't a waste of money if in fact you didn't pay for them!
lol, i got mine as a present, from my uncle that came over from America for mine and my sisters bday. (Joint 18th and 21st, it rocked)
We hadn't seen him for ages! and he ended up giving us both an iPod. Jaws were dropped :mrgreen:

Anywho, mine is a 40gb photo iPod, colour screen kicks booty :mrgreen:

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:07 pm
Marquis

iPod's are mint man, i've got a 20Gb and it's damn good...

Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:26 pm
Minor Diety

But iPods don't play anything but mp3 and aac, with no chance of getting firmware upgrades (so I won't have chance to play a significant part of music collection, wich is ripped in other formats), and like anything made by Apple, they're fucking expensive.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:10 am
Minor Diety

Ive got a silver iPod mini. It kicks ass. At the time, there was nothing out there on the market that had what it had, for that price.

Its definately not perfect though. There are a few things wrong with it. I only use it on trips and while formatting my computer. Both of which are frequent in my life.

I only need 4GB anyway.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:48 am
Duke

I understand about the formats and incompatabilities and stuff. It's not so much of a problemo for me though, cos generally i don't download a lot of stuff. Usually just steal CD's from friends, and buy some every now and then, which are then in turn stolen by my friends. It's a pretty good system :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:02 am
Minor Diety

You dont want to know about the ways i ... aquire, my music. :)

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:04 am
Felix Rex

guys guys....be gentle. The RIAA is big brother now. They're always listening.

But anyway....I dislike Ipods, mainly because I dislike Apple I think. And the fact you don't have a say what happens to your own stuff. You can't copy the songs off the Ipod onto another device, right? 'Trusted Computing' and 'Digital Rights Management' == a loss of freedom that should rightfully be ours. Fuck em, they can pry my MP3s and AudioTron out of my cold, stiff fingers.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Is it me or is Satis more like Charlton Heston every day? :P

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:01 am
Minor Diety

I know what hes saying though. There is a general lack of freedom.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:46 am
Marquis

yeah the only really annoying thing with the iPod is that i can't put all the music i have on my computer (and therefore iPod) onto my brothers computer so he can have all my songs...kinda annoying really.

i think you can do it, but you have to save all the songs onto the iPod as data rather than music, which means i'd have to delete all my original music to make space...not very useful

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:32 pm
Minor Diety

I recently rediscovered the Smashing Pumpkins. I already liked them some years ago, but I only knew a few of their songs. However, thanks to the lovely student appartment network I'm connected to, I suddenly have a lot of their work in reach. And it rocks. The first cd of their greatest hits album gives a nice overview of their work, but now I'm also listening to their other albums now.
If you don't know who they are you'ld better check them out.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:29 pm
Minor Diety

I still like the smashing pumpkins, but I mostly used to like them. If that makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I still like much of their work a lot, but it was at its peak during the "OMG THE WORLD IS SO FUCKED UP AND NOBODY COULD MORE UNHAPPY THAN ME!!!1111" period of my life. hehehe. That, and I was in love with D'arcy of course. :oops:

- Coach

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:32 pm
Minor Diety

The Smashing Pumpkins often sound a little depressing, but that makes the music more beautifull, and I don't have to be in a depressed mood for that.
But that's maybe because I see music more as art then something I'm emotionally connected with.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:50 pm
Minor Diety

Lol, I wasn't accusing you of being a teen angster. Besides, being depressed is ok, if you can make it into something productive. :)

Really depressed peopel are scary tho....erh...what am i talking about. Rinox out.

- Coach

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 43  Next