It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
Good films.. 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Good films..
Agreed with most of what you said, but I wasn't too bothered with the conclusion of Gurney's arc. I was actually pleasantly surprised that the fight between him and Rabban was kept so short and sweet. A lesser director would have made it an extended scene, but that would have been unnecessary bloat for an already long movie. It speaks to Villeneuve's discipline (and that he probably didn't get too much pressure from the studio).

I saw Godzilla Minus One last night, and it was really really good. It's funny though, I was expecting a Michael Bay like monster movie, but it was really a very human centered story about trauma, guilt and redemption. The Japanese are pretty weird but they also know how to make good movies that are more than just flashy CGI. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:23 am
Felix Rex

Hm... ok, perhaps I'll give that a try then. Thanks for the recommendation. I think it's on Netflix, so I'll give it a shot.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

First time to the cinema since 2019 for us yesterday! We went to see Deadpool & Wolverine; if you enjoyed the other Deadpool films (or any of the super hero films) you'll probably enjoy this. Don't expect an in-depth, super amazing story. The one bit of story they did put in was quite weak to be honest but that's not the point of the film. It is a huge love letter, and also, being Deadpool, a huge fuck you, to super hero films, Fox, comics, fan bases etc. Just all round stupid, funny and a few moments that just leave you nodding in agreement.

Also 10 hours after we'd seen it I was listening to music on YouTube and put on the Celine Dion track from Deadpool 2. For those who don't know it, at the end of the video Deadpool comes out and tells her to do it worse because it's not for Titanic, just Deadpool. She tells him tough luck, you only get good and he says "I knew we should've asked NSync". I groaned with joy as I realised Deadpool 3 opens with an NSync track. Well played guys, well played.

Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54