It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
How old is everyone anyway? 
Felix Rex

lol, Derf has a problem with alcohol? The Romans loved the shit. :)

Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I doubt it will be gone in 100 years. It is relatively easy and cheap to make your own strong vodka for example (example -> russia, people on the country). So it will probably be the easiest available and cheapest drug for a long time., i don't think it will disappear that fast. Unless you get Robocop-scenarios where you can start injecting cheap drugs into your veins, and that will replace alcohol.
But in that case, alcohol will be the drug for the rich (prolly).

Or maybe i've just seen/read too much science fiction.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:41 am
Felix Rex

alcohol is very elitist, too. Why give up the good stuff? How many of you people have had GOOD bottles of wine/liqour? I'm talking $50+ bottles of stuff. There's some really good stuff out there.... you think wine bites? Or is too sweet? Or too dry? Wait till you have a sip of some $150 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon that massages the back of your throat and warms your stomach. Or a shot of tequila that you can swish around your mouth before swallowing and not choke on it?

At very least the high-end, elitist stuff will always be around, regardless of legality. It's too engrained in culture to ever disappear.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, right now I would say 'why buy 120$+ bottles of ANYTHING?!', but I'm a bum so I can't afford to anyway, so that'll add to my opinion. :P I do agree that there is a big difference even between 5€ and 20€ bottles. Man, I used to get drunk on ultracheap Bulgarian anti-freeze wine, looking back that was horrible stuff. *shivers*

Anyhoo...alcohol will never disappear. Making it is dead easy, all you need is some fruit juice and a fermenting jug (prolly wrong word but you get it :P ) and wait. As you might know I used to make my Château Rinox :P
, but I gave it up because a)it often tasted like crap and b)took too long to get ready :P. But it did make for good alcohol. My point is: it's so easy that it won't disappear.

I've started collecting relatively averagely priced wines in recent years, selecting on their aging, checking with someone who knows a lot more about it than me, obviously. ;) So when i'll be 30 i'll have some 10+ yrs old stuff lying around. :) My dad has some stuff from 74' in his basement, the bastard. :O

Btw, if you're looking for a cheap yet tasteful and fruity wine: Mateus Rosé is the only way to go! (highly commercial and cheap, that's in my league :P )

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:13 am
Minor Diety

Went on a wine-tasting evening last saturday, tasted some good wines, relatively cheap, ranging from 5 to 25 euro i think. But the 5 euro/bottle wines aren't crap, so that's a good thing, if you buy a bottle of that price somewhere in a supermarket, you're guaranteed to get something terrible.

Anyway, we'll have 36 bottles of wine in a few days, and i got drunk (you can spit the wine out, but that's against my principles). Very drunk actually.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:18 am
Minor Diety

Its not that i dont like alchohol. I like an odd glass of wine or a cold beer. But i very rarely touch the stuff. I remember some occasions where i would experiment. Basically, i just hate morons who abuse it on the streets. If youve seen British drunks, youd understand. Anyway in light of what Satis said, in Italy, it is a disgrace to get drunk. Thats kind of rubbed off on me.

@ J - Yeh maybe its one of those things that cannot go away, but i doubt it.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:40 am
Minor Diety

My dad went to Rome when he was 18, a schooltrip. The last evening they went out, had some drinks. Next morning when they were gathering to leave on the bus, they noticed my dad hadn't come back. They went out to search for him, and finally found him wondering about, totally drunk.
Good job dad :)

Btw Italian guys will follow your schoolbus anywhere, 'seducing' the girls, even the ugly ones. They just have no taste.

Hey, this isn't the Rome-topic *kicks Derf for his confusing post* :P

~King of Thieves~

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:48 am
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:54 am
Felix Rex

Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:45 pm
Profile WWW
Knight

I used to work in a winery, we were pumping cabernet sauvignon into oak barrels and Dr. Thomas fell off the ladder and the wine was pouring everywhere i was covered. Glad I didn't get pulled over on the way home. but he was yelling cuz that stuffs like $100 something a bottle. It was kinda of funny. But I don't think red wine is good at all yuck i am not a dry wine fan. i used to get like cases of wine free. Pays to date the owners son lol www.chateauthomas.com <-------- thats were i worked.

Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:03 pm
Profile YIM
Minor Diety

lol...must be fun stealing 100$ wines ;) even if they're red! All those barrels filled with sweet alcohol...erh..nevermind. Satis, how much for those fav wines of yours? Too lazy too look up.

- Coach

Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:50 pm
Marquis

had to drink a bottle of wine yesterday on the way back from an away match...if we hadn't played drink while you think (which i was rubbish at = lots of drinking) i may never have finished it...needless to say being that was about 7ish, i proceeded to get absolutely slaughtered and have a fight with my mate :roll:

was so hungover today...

Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Felix Rex

paradigm roughly $50-$60

good stuff though. I'm spoiling shiny. :/

Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Knight

i'm still a fan of the 14$ bottle of Riesling. But there was a winery in Indiana that makes a red wine that i love it's called Soft Red it's a sweet red wine. But yes it was not stealing his dad let us have whatever we wanted, thank god he makes white wine that i love.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:54 am
Profile YIM
Felix Rex

ugh, riesling is way too sweet. I prefer dry red wines personally.

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next