It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Return of the spam queen 
Minor Diety

Kinda like what Gary and Phil Neville need to do with Cricket.

Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:26 am
Minor Diety

This is all i can offer on whether "Football" or "Soccer" is the proper variation of the game: the sport originated in England. Kinda like the english language *looks pointedly at America* ;)

Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I believe that several military victories have given America the right to do what they want with sports and language, thank you. *cough*

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Knight

I don't seem to remember the bombing of Brussels... Please remind me mister satis 8-)

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Felix Rex

However, the sacrifice of countless spies secured your country from Russian invasion, so perhaps I'll add you to the list as well. :x

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/opinion/7862357.htm

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bah, the threat of a Russion invasion has only ever in B-movies.
And don't come to me with that crap of all the US soldiers dying just for Europe, remember the US didn't want to have anything to do with the Second World War before you got the crap beaten out of you by Japan.
I think we should thank the Japanese...

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:26 pm
Felix Rex

erm, why did we attack Germany if our beef was with Japan? Germany had no ambitions for the Americas. Besides, we were supplying England with weapons and other material before Japan ever attacked us.

Besides, how can you honestly say that the USSR never had any ambition to own Europe? They certainly had no issues moving into Eastern Europe. If the US hadn't threatened them with nuclear annihilation, do you honestly think they would've stayed on their side of the Rhine?

Of course, that's a moot point. We'll never know one way or another.

Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Knight

erm, why did we attack Germany if our beef was with Japan? Germany had no ambitions for the Americas. Besides, we were supplying England with weapons and other material before Japan ever attacked us.

Germany was Japan's ally. Britain and Europe were America's allies. It seems reasonable to state that although your main quarrel was with Japan, you were not weakening yourself by fighting the Germans 'on our behalf'

You're completely right about the supplies though.

And to be honest, I think that the USSR after Stalin wasn't actually planning any invasion of Europe. Mainly they sought to solidify their control over the areas they did control.

Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:13 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe...it's funny to see how 2 of the greatest conquerors of our days (Napoleon and Hitler) made the exact same mistake. Trying to conquer Russia. :roll: It's the east front failure that meant the defeat of the 3d Reich, if it weren't for this severe mishap (yes, i got 20/20 hindsight :P ) it could have taken a whole lot longer before the nazi's would have been swept away. :/ Three cheers for the east front, hurray! :)

But mr. Satis, the Soviet union is our friend, they would never try to attack us! They signed a treaty! ;) :roll: hehe

Alternatively; i read somewhere that the US had plans to permanently occupy Belgium as some sort of European outpost/colony right after the war. My guess is that France didn't really like that so it never came into play. But imagine, Belgium a US colony lol. Life would suck, no more booze, no more dope, more religion. :o On the other hand, we'd finally get movies in theatres in time over here. :)

- Coach

Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:46 pm
Minor Diety

Why did i open my big mouth...*sigh* ok satis, your country/weapons win. stupid lot :P ;) hehe.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:18 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

damn straight! And if you don't like it we'll nuke you from orbit!

Err...anyway. I just wanna live on a moon base. Is that too much to ask?

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

ok...calm down Satis *backs slowly away* you go live on a moonbase. we'll all miss you very much.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

what, you don't think they have the internet on the moon? And CHEESE! MU-HAHAHAHAHA!

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sounds an awful lot like my plan to go live in a cabin in the north of Norway in the woods with nothing but fast connection and food. w00t! ;)

- Coach

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:36 am
Minor Diety

I'll have you know that the only reason US went to war was due to the German U-boats hitting american trade vessels.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next