It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Crazy stuff 
Count

Which means you would need double provisions, because lets face it you'll otherwise run out of batteries, and hand power gets so old. Which means you'll further be complicated by all the chic issues. Birthcontrol etc. Yeah, umm not logical.

And damn does your place have to be so damn cold. Hell I'm picking a nice beach. Of course my white ass will turn into one nice red crispy bacon very quickly. But hell it's better than freezing my ass off where the only thing you can do is have sex, cause it's fucking COLD.

Sorry it's like cold here, well for temp.'s here. Like freezing...brrrr.... need warmth.

Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:11 pm
Duke

Not necessarily a problem... http://www.realdoll.com

Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Felix Rex

omg Pig, I'm gonna get kicked out of my class. :/

hrmm...Rinox....

A) (water)
You're in Siberia, right? Aren't there like glaciers out there (like, solid water)? Just melt it!

b) (food)
spam, canned food, beef jerky. Definetely. Huge, massive amounts of it. The body needs alot of food, especially when it's cold.

c) (electricity)
actually, not so easy. Maybe some solar cells charging batteries. Generators require fuel (diesel usually). Diesel requires huge storage containers... and if you're running a generator 24 hours a day you're gonna run out of diesel fast. And then what will you use to power your tanks and helicopters.
I'd suggest some sort of exercise bike rigged up to juice up some batteries. Keep your fat ass in shape, warm, and keep your electricity/diesel levels at maximum. Unfortuanetly, that'll also increase your good intake.
Oh, and burying yourself will not help insulate you. The ground is COLD. If anything it'll suck the warmth right out of your rabbit hole. Be sure to heavily *heavily* insulate the walls, floors and ceiling.

d) (commo)
You could go with a nice radio, tv, etc. But if there's a nuke too close (or in the stratosphere nearby) it'll fry your electronics. And for that reason antennas going into your bunker would be a bad idea (relay that EMP right into the guts of all your electronics). So, what I would suggest is heavily shielding your bunker against EMP. Put the whole thing in a Faraday cage. Then just get a crappy, solid state radio (virtually immune to EMP) and just sit outside occasionally trying to tune in. Maybe once the nukes stop popping you can erect (heheh) an antenna and use a real radio.

Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Megaman is sick .. the rest too much to read now. :P

~King of Thieves~

Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:34 am
Minor Diety

Don't forget to geta pc with satelite connection to download the latest games, you have to pass your time before the nuclear winter. Also you can keep your electronics inside the Faraday cage that is your bunker and move them outside when shit happened.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:18 am
Minor Diety

Perhaps you could construct the bunker into a mountain (assuming there are mountains in Siberia).

You could make yourself a nice cave complex which should help you keep out of the weather. But im not sure if thats enough to protect you from Mr. Radiation.

Perhaps you might need to construct or coat the walls of the cave with lead or something.

Alternatively you could build a huge underground bunker with a lift that takes you to the different levels. Again, for the lid you may need lead.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:41 am
Minor Diety

WHAT ABOUT SEX!!!!

Which means you would need double provisions, because lets face it you'll otherwise run out of batteries, and hand power gets so old. Which means you'll further be complicated by all the chic issues. Birthcontrol etc. Yeah, umm not logical

lol, i'm pretty sure i can keep hand power relatively exciting, before nuclear winter i'll have internet anyhoo. Besides, it being so friggin cold will kinda temper my urges. For some reason i get horny as hell in warm climates, so it might be best not to make it too warm. Cos if i'd be screwing 24/7 there's still a chance my then-g/f gets pregnant all birth control notwithstanding, and i'm not planning on delivering a baby in my bunker. :/ Erh, so, in short, i'll manage that. And i still gotta find a woman that's willing to join in my megalomanic bunker plans, so that's trouble for later. :roll:

Satis wrote:
A) (water)
You're in Siberia, right? Aren't there like glaciers out there (like, solid water)? Just melt it!

Mm, i don't think there are actual glaciers in Siberia, but there is a lot of ice and snow; so maybe if i live close to a lake i could go and refill my tanks from time to time....mmm..add to that that Siberia has about the cleanest lakes in the world (i've been investigating that :roll: )and i've got a good plan. Problem remains however, if there's a fallout, the water will be poisoned. :/ How to get around that one... :?: Suppose a drill to an underground source is the best solution for that. It'd still be polluted, but way less than an open lake surface. Blah.

Satis wrote:
b) (food)
spam, canned food, beef jerky. Definetely. Huge, massive amounts of it. The body needs alot of food, especially when it's cold.

Yep, seems that one's covered...no better solution than the most obvious one. :)

Satis wrote:
c) (electricity)actually, not so easy. Maybe...etc.

lol, totally forgot that generators need fuel. :roll: Guess that's a no-go then...then again: if i have several generators, could i have them power eachother? i don't know how much electricity a generator would need to work, but if it's output is just a tad higher than it's energy use there's a possibility of working it. Like; says generator uses value 1 of energy and produces value 1.5. If i put together 5 generators i have a general energy lvl of 7.5, minus the 5 generators, 7.5-5=2.5 energy excess. Am i missing some kind of logic reasoning or could this actually work? :/
if not, the bike-riding thing should do the trick. But like you said, food consumption would be higher. Solar panels or some kind of water turbine are a good idea...if i were to with Def's mountain idea i'd get alot of potential close by solar energy. And with the idea of a lake nearby, maybe some kind of water turbine could work. This is interesting shit to fantasize about. :D

Satis wrote:
d) (commo)
You could go with a nice radio...etc.

K, Faraday cage or whatever it's called it is. And a crappy old radio. :) I don't know for sure, but the lead coated walls sound kinda unhealthy derf. :/ Could be that i got it wrong tho.

So....since the ground will be a)hard to build and b)cold, we'll take a cave or at least some rocky hill to build my bunker in. Preferrably near a lake, with flowing water, and a place to put solar panels on the mountain/rocks. The entire bunker will have to be insulated and EMP-proof. Only thing left is energy and water drill. :/

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:24 am
Duke

20 meters of styrofoam (sp?) in every direction will do a decent job insulating your fortress/assylum.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:27 am
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

fortress/assylum.

lol. :)

You talking about my underground bunker or the mountain-based idea? Cos the latter might pose a bit of a problem to insulate 20 metres in every direction. :/

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:33 am
Duke

I was referring to the bunker, though it would work either way. Insulation is nothing more than empty space, or as close as you can get it. A few years ago I sketched a schematic for a thermos type contraption that would insulate many times better than any on the market. I did nothing with it. Year and a half later, I saw my same design in a sharper image catalog. :( Should've gone for it. Course, they probably patented it long before hand if they were able to get it on the market within that time.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

mm, k. Sucks major balls about your idea, i hope you ever have a similar thing going on that does end up patented and sold. And make big bucks. :)

- Coach

Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:41 am
Felix Rex

lol, totally forgot that generators need fuel. :roll: Guess that's a no-go then...then again: if i have several generators, could i have them power eachother? i don't know how much electricity a generator would need to work, but if it's output is just a tad higher than it's energy use there's a possibility of working it. Like; says generator uses value 1 of energy and produces value 1.5. If i put together 5 generators i have a general energy lvl of 7.5, minus the 5 generators, 7.5-5=2.5 energy excess. Am i missing some kind of logic reasoning or could this actually work? :/

lol...yea...forgetting a tiny thing like the laws of thermodynamics. There's always loss. You can never generate more energy than was put in. :) Nice try though.

erm....yes...so, near a lake. Y'know, if the lake was small enough you could just stretch a tarp across the top of it. The only fallout you'd get would be in the form of radioactive particles dropping from the sky...as long as you had something (like a tarp) keeping them from getting in your drinking water, you'd be fine.

Just to clear up a small misconception, there's no free-roaming radiation after a nuclear war... it's all radioactive particles. And these are only dangerous if they get into your body so the radiation they emit can screw up your cellular structure. Of course, this can happen through breathing, drinking, eating, etc.

Anyway, yea, either a big tarp, or some sort of mega water filter that can filter really small particles. No more drinking water problem.

And if the lake is big enough, you could use an underwater generator that works off tidal action. I don't think you'd generate much electricity off a lake, though. And solar power may not work too well if the entire sky is covered with a blanket of soot.

Are there natural springs in Siberia? If so, you could make geothermal energy. Also, it'd give you a source of heat without having to use power.

oh, and I've done that whole 'invent something and it already exists' thing more than I care to remember. Usually I'm like "This would be cool!" and someone says "that's already been done". Occasionally I have an idea and it getse invented shortly thereafter. Nothing like a thermos though. :P

I want a rail gun. http://home.insightbb.com/~jmengel4/rai ... intro.html

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Then make one yourself, it may take a lot of time to make enough coils, but the effect must be very satisfying.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:27 pm
Felix Rex

I would kill myself. I have bad luck with electricity.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It sounds like a cool project to me, unfortunately I would need a partner in crime and more time. And the electricity won't kill you unless you apply the current before you're finished, as soon as your product is finished you have no need to get to open electric parts.

Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next