It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 3:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Prositution and legal status 
King

yes. no ones debating that. i think we're all astonished that you seem to think rape isnt harming them. unless you just worded your arguments really badly and didnt mean that at all ;)

All to prove a point. That point being, that the main criminal part of rape is that a person is invading anothers body to use it.

I think everyone agrees to that yes?

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:19 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

I think it's illegal to stick anything in my love hole without my written consent.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rape does not invole any criminal intent. Did you steal something? No, it something simply sexual. The intent was to just feel good.

lol, come on man, rape doesn't involve criminal intent? I hope you're going at semantics here, because if not I think anyone here would prefer me over you to be a judge. :wink:

Regardless of all hole theories, rape is a criminal act because you actively cause someone pain/hurt. In terms of 'criminality', rape ranks somewhere near manslaughter imho. If not higher.

- Coach

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:59 pm
King

ElevenBravo The Great wrote:
Rape does not invole any criminal intent. Did you steal something? No, it something simply sexual. The intent was to just feel good.

lol, come on man, rape doesn't involve criminal intent? I hope you're going at semantics here, because if not I think anyone here would prefer me over you to be a judge. :wink:

Regardless of all hole theories, rape is a criminal act because you actively cause someone pain/hurt. In terms of 'criminality', rape ranks somewhere near manslaughter imho. If not higher.

Would you say that rape is criminal because it is an invasion of someone elses body?

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

would smoking a cigarette next to someone else be considered invading their body?

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Rinox wrote:

Would you say that rape is criminal because it is an invasion of someone elses body?

Nah, I'd rather say it is because it is an active attempt to hurt/cause pain to someone else. Invasion of someone else's body sounds so vague. They invade your body at the airport too if they think you're suspicious (full cavity search! :wink: ), so meh.

- Coach

Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:31 am
King

Rinox wrote:

Nah, I'd rather say it is because it is an active attempt to hurt/cause pain to someone else. Invasion of someone else's body sounds so vague. They invade your body at the airport too if they think you're suspicious (full cavity search! :wink: ), so meh.

Yea but you either agree or you dont fly. So they invade with your consent. IMO pain and hurt is too vague. I can stomp on your toe and cause pain and suffering but thats not rape is it? And sex is something pleasurable.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:54 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

its not pleasurable ifyou're forced into it. Sure the body will still react the same, but the mind won't enjoy it and trust me, that can and will overrule it. Especially if its rape by a stranger, as you don't know if they'll do it and leave, or if they'll kill you after. If it's someone you know... well ok you obviously dont know them as well as you thought you did if they do this, but you probably have a better idea that they won't kill you *shrugs*

Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yea but you either agree or you dont fly. So they invade with your consent. IMO pain and hurt is too vague. I can stomp on your toe and cause pain and suffering but thats not rape is it? And sex is something pleasurable.

Stomping on my toe deliberately and hurting me is a punishable offence, so I don't see how it's different (of course, no one is going to sue you over something that minor ;) )...and rape might be pleasurable to the offender, but the offender isn't the point here...it's whether the victim is hurt or not.

- Coach

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Minor Diety

I can't believe this discussion is taking place. Either 11b is playing a game with all of you or he really has a black and white only mind.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:06 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:22 am
Minor Diety

I can't believe this discussion is taking place. Either 11b is playing a game with all of you or he really has a black and white only mind.

i can believe anything of 11b :P

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:30 am
Profile WWW
King

Im saying the pain and suffering cause from ANY criminal act is not the basis on which you build a case against that action. Therefore there has to be another criminal factor involved in a crime that makes it crime besides the fact that it causes pain.

I work at a lawfirm, I know these things. When you sue a person or a company you first have to sue on the criminal grounds on the crimes the person or company committed against you.

For example, oil refineries around the area have all been sued for using asbestos in their plants. They knew asbestos was bad but yet they didnt tell their employees. So when a client files a suit against the company he is suing them for "Gross Negligence" not because that have lung cancer. After they file a suit for Gross Neg they then then seek monies for "Pain & Suffering" that came for the guilty charge for Gross Negligence.

The same thing with rape. If you where to bring a rapist to court you dont start off your suit that "he cause pain and suffering" you have to have grounds for the crime.

My point was that rape is an invasion of ones body without their consent. Which is the criminal element to rape not the pain and suffering it causes.

If you still dont understand what i talking about I can get out the "Barney goes to court" video for kids.

Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:27 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3