It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
and the results are in.. 
Duke

Got my results back the other day :mrgreen:
Got a Credit(73), Distinction(75), and two High Distinctions (96, 95) :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:27 am
Minor Diety

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

I'm hoping I get BBC in my grades so I get to go to York.

...that sounds remarkably too close for comfort

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:44 am
Felix Rex

...and why wouldn't he with suck a goddess next to him hmmm? ....

:shock:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol...so Satis really is a closet workaholic with a suck goddess...the things you learn on this board! :P

suga wrote:
Got my results back the other day :mrgreen:
Got a Credit(73), Distinction(75), and two High Distinctions (96, 95) :mrgreen:

Great job Suga!! I guess this means you passed the year in general too? :bow: :bow: :bow: It's probably not worth much (hehehe) but you certainly did a much better job than me in your first year. ;) First year's always the hardest (adaption stuff etc), from now on it's only one big party. Well, I guess it is, can't say I know the Oz system. :)

- Coach

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:58 pm
King

Myrddin L'argenton wrote:
I'm hoping I get BBC in my grades so I get to go to York.

...that sounds remarkably too close for comfort

Franny I live in Manchester, you would say that is too close for comfort.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:20 am
King

ABC
A- Archaeology
B- Ancient History
C- Chemistry

So this means I'm going to York. See you there Fran :)

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:28 am
Felix Rex

congrats. Ya bastard. I hope you all end up in community college like me! :p Anyway, I need to remember to check what I ended up with in Macroeconomics. It's a close one between an A and a B. :P

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Congrats Myrdinn....on to uni now! I didn't even know you could take archeology on a high school lvl btw, that's bizarre. And York...you guys are really banding together up north eh? Mole, Pev, Fran, you...only Def and BJ aren't around there, iirc. :)

- Coach

Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:59 am
Marquis

I'VE GOT MY RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABC
A- Archaeology
B- Ancient History
C- Chemistry

So this means I'm going to York. See you there Fran :)

uh oh...well well done, same results as my brother got actually

anyway bit belated but i got 65% this year. for those of you who don't know (probably most of you) i'm doing mechanical engineering at imperial college london. 3% less than last year and much better than i thought i would do considering it's the second hardest year on any course in europe. the hardest year apparently is one of the years during medicine at cambridge. so onto 3rd year next year (out of 4) and hopefully i'll get a 2.1 degree by the end of the course.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:12 am
Minor Diety

Good stuff everyone. So how many university students will we have in the next acedemic year? Me, Ox?, Myrrddin, Pev?, Franny...

Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:41 am
Minor Diety

I'm still struggling with Mechanical Engineering. I think I'm gonna live in the university library next year to force myself into studdying.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:48 am
Minor Diety

it's the second hardest year on any course in europe. the hardest year apparently is one of the years during medicine at cambridge

I wonder how they can 'measure' that, how hard a year is .. especially for the whole of europe.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:27 pm
Minor Diety

They can't. :) It's just what a uni likes to say about its courses, tbh. Besides, it's subjective anyway. Hard to compare difficulty between different fields of study, too.

Anyhoo, it's very much looking like I'm going to spend another year in college. I'm just not sure yet to what extent...well, bear with me:

->there's a post-academic master called 'multilingual business communication'
->there are two 'branches' under that: business and multingual communication
->I'm mostly interested in the language part of the course

So, I'm looking into following only that part...which would give me a certificate, but not an extra 'master' degree. It's kinda dilemma. On the one hand I don't really feel like doing half a degree without getting the 'master' rank, on the other I don't feel like learning a good part of the business side (with statistics and whatnot). Also, from what I heard today, the internship that you're supposed to do in the full course is meant to be something PR-ish...which isn't what I want to land in. I just want to freshen up my lingo's while learning basic business methods.

Comes down to it that I'm currently thinking of going for the 'multilingual communication' certificate, probably adding in a part of the business side that does interest me (all sorts of basic law, business/personal/social security law).

But God, the paperwork is horrible. I got to have this and that approved and blablabla. Almost like when I applied for doing my first year fpr the third time through, they made me take IQ tests to see if I was a) a moron or b)incredibly lazy for flunking the same year twice. :roll:

- Coach

Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:58 pm
Felix Rex

Well, I checked my grades from my macroeconomics class and I got an A. :p Which means I made 96% or better on my final. Yay me. I actually did study for that, so I'm glad I owned it.

Anyway, I'm enrolled in a technical writing class and AC-DC circuits for this coming semester (starts next Tuesday). Yay. Thrilled. Only a shitload of courses more till my AAS. And then my bachelor's. And then my master's. And then my PhD. *cry*

Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next