It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
and the results are in.. 
Minor Diety

lol well congrats oxymoron. dammit if you keep passing these things first time i won't be able to call you oxymoron anymore... go back to trying them three times before you succeed! ;)

Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol, ox has lost his way. Someone needs to forcefeed him alcohol before classes again, lest he actually become a worthy human being.

Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks to all you bastards! :P As for losing my way...I'll probably flunk out on a class or two so no reason to panic; I still am a moron. :wink:

The question is, then, am I a moron for letting all these papers, exams and thesis run up until the deadline; or am I brilliant for making them in a relatively short amount of time? Probably a little bit of both.

One thing I did realize by now is that I will have major troubles handling large assignments at work later on. I'm not used to working more than a day or two on most stuff, so that doesn't bode well for me. I was better off a little bit dumber. :P

Anyhoo, still on cloud 9. Enjoying the buzz.

- Coach

Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:46 pm
Minor Diety

lol satis, i dont think ox could ever become worthy ;)

ox, i personally think leaving it to the end is pure genius... thats what i did all through school and always did better on stuff i was pressured for time on, than I did with stuff i actually started early. My dad's like that too...

Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:00 am
Profile WWW
King

Congrats Ox. Its like my coursework for Ancient History and Archaeology. Hated them when I was doing it but loved my apparent A and B in them. 3 exams left for me too!

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:51 pm
Minor Diety

Tnx Myrdinn...good luck with those last exams.

I got my complete grades today, and I smoked everything, so I graduated today! w00t! All out of 20.

The work of Hugo Claus: 14
Dutch literature of the 20th century, part II: 12
V. (1963) by Thomas Pynchon: 16
Literary translation, theory & practice: 13

That's it...I only had 4 classes in this last semester, that's right :P

According to my own calculations I barely missed out on a distinction (13.78 on average when 14 was needed), hah! Of course, the idea that I would have one is just insane, but now that I got this close I am feeling some very small regrets of not putting in just a little bit more effort in the first semester. :( :)

Anyhoo....I am a Master of Arts in literature now, lolol. But you can adress me with just 'Master'.

I still have to make a list of errata for my thesis and hand that in, but that really is more out of politeness than obligation (my grades are already in the books after all). Now it's very much the question what the fuck I wanna do with my life. I have a series of jobs and odd jobs lined up until the end of July, so I'll probably not wonder too much about it until then.

- Coach

Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:59 pm
Minor Diety

Hehe, all hail Master Ox, creator of chaotic and insane papers :P

Nice you made it, too bad on the distinction, although it probably won't matter much (i've had one, and unless you want to become a doctor in arts of literature it's basically useless i guess).

~King of Thieves~

Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:35 am
Minor Diety

*mutters* bastard ;)

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol thanks you two...it'll be a good while until I do something else admirable in my life so I'll bask in your congratulations for now. ;)

And yeah J, it prolly won't matter too much anyway...and if I see some ppl who certainly aren't on my lvl get distinctions and greater distinctions it's more of a work than an intelligence thing anyway. Maybe I will try and stay in academic circles tho, the last series of insane modernist/postmodernist theories and papers was received so well that I might be on to something, hehe. Might as well get paid for it. ;)

- Coach

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:12 pm
King

Woohoo. Had Chemistry today and now I am FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! No work for the summer too. I might be going to do a course on swimming teaching but that's it.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:39 am
Minor Diety

Congrats Myrddin...got your results yet? Or anyone else, Suga, Arathorn?

- Coach

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:21 am
King

Not until the 18th of August. It is the British Exam system we are talking about, give them a month to read and discuss the marks for the papers.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:23 pm
Minor Diety

18th of August?!? Wtf? How long does it take to correct a few exams? Over here we get our grades at most a week after the exam period ends...and usually quicker. So it's bizarre that a schooling system that (internationally speaking) scores worse than ours takes over 5 times as long to correct your exams and give you your grades. :/

How do you guys do summer exams then? I mean, if you only know if you passed a week before the end of the summer...

- Coach

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:10 pm
Minor Diety

Not until the 18th of August. It is the British Exam system we are talking about, give them a month to read and discuss the marks for the papers.

you forgot change the syllabus just to piss everyone off :P

ox its because until you're in university, the exams are set by a central board, so they have to be sent off to be marked by official markers. Whereas once you reach uni, the university sets the exams, because they also set what is on the course, although it still takes them fucking ages to figure it all out.

and most places dont do summer retakes. Well universities do, coz if you then fail those as well, you have to redo the year usually OR try to fit in restudying for the ones you failed whilst doing your next year (not so good if the next year relies on basics that you failed).

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I don't have results yet. I do think that I passed two out of three exams though.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next