It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Looks like it's down to me... 
Minor Diety

lol you guys are living like peasants. It makes me laugh, because Pev is depressed and Mole probably isnt working to get any food.

Anyway, happy easter, 2 days ago.

I didnt get an egg this year.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:24 am
Minor Diety

Why would that make them peasants lol? Are the women typically depressed and the men typically not working for food? :roll: I got myself 20 chocolate eggs, 10 white ones and 10 milk chocolate ones. White chocolate is cool.

- Coach

Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:00 am
Felix Rex

It was just another day to us, except that I got Friday off. heheh. Bastards. We had our chocolate bunnies quite a while ago. Maybe we'll clean up on some of those after easter sales or something, pick up some chocolate.

We had hotdogs for dinner on Easter. :P

Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Duke

lol, you know there is a song about spam! by save ferris. It's pretty funny :mrgreen:

lol, my cousins house was so boring! They aren't amish... but they are definately going backwards on the whole evolution scale thingy. I swear last time i saw them they were civilised and still spoke english... none of this hillbilly crap!

Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:35 am
Minor Diety

Why would that make them peasants lol? Are the women typically depressed and the men typically not working for food? :roll: I got myself 20 chocolate eggs, 10 white ones and 10 milk chocolate ones. White chocolate is cool.

lol! you freak.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:52 am
Minor Diety

What do Aussie hilbillies sound like Suga? Is it like a mix between Southern US english and Oz english? "you ain't steppin'no foot on my property, mate"?

- Coach

Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:48 pm
Felix Rex

Let's throw another shrimp on the barbie, yo! Bitch ho slut!

wait...that's Australian homey, nevermind.

Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol, think they probably dont speak like that.

And Sat: Its "Lets chuck" not "lets throw", thats waaay to modern!

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:04 am
Minor Diety

and Mole probably isnt working to get any food.

And you wonder why you didn't get an easter egg this year Biatch! talking before you have evidence.

I work in a crappy super market. I have to pay damn rent you know!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:39 am
Profile WWW
King

Is Easter a holiday on which you congratulate ppl? I thought only christmas was like that, and Sinterklaas of course. :) I any case, merry Easter to everybody lol.

And haha @ the food crisis ;) :P Meanwhile, i'm positively drowning the chocolate easter eggs, w00t! I'd mail you some but alas, modern technology has not yet caught up with my personal delusions yet. :/

I'm sure there's some kinda 24-hour shop ran by an Indian or Pakistani fella in the neighbourhood, who doesn't even realize that it's a holiday, hehe. ;)

Sorry to be late in this topic but to answer your question yes. Easter is a day you say "Happy Easter". The reason is this is the day christians believe (as do I) that Christ was raised from the dead. So its a happy thing.
And if your Jewish, Easter is the day after Passover(if im not mistaken) Passover is this.
About 3000 years ago the Israelites were enslaved by the Egyptians under the rule of the Pharaoh Ramses II. According to the Book of Exodus - Moses, a simple Jewish shepherd, was instructed by God to go to the pharaoh and demand the freedom of his people
Moses' plea of let my people go was ignored. Moses warned the Pharaoh that God would send severe punishments to the people of Egypt if the Israelites were not freed. Again the Pharaoh ignored Moses' request of freedom. In response God unleashed a series of 10 terrible plagues on the people of Egypt

Blood
Frogs
Lice (vermin)
Wild Beasts(flies)
Blight (Cattle Disease)
Boils
Hail
Locusts
Darkness
Slaying of the First Born

The holiday's name - Pesach, meaning "passing over" or "protection" in Hebrew, is derived from the instructions given to Moses by God . In order to encourage the Pharaoh to free the Israelites, God intended to kill the first-born of both man and beast. To protect themselves, the Israelites were told to mark their dwellings with lamb's blood so that God could identify and "pass over" their homes
The Pharaoh was unconvinced and refused to free the Jewish slaves

Until the last plague

When the Pharaoh finally agreed to freedom, the Israelites left their homes so quickly that there wasn't even time to bake their breads. So they packed the raw dough to take with them on their journey. As they fled through the desert they would quickly bake the dough in the hot sun into hard crackers called matzohs. Today to commemorate this event, Jews eat matzoh in place of bread during Passover

Though the Jews were now free, their liberation was incomplete. The Pharaoh's army chased them through the desert towards the Red Sea. When the Jews reached the sea they were trapped, since the sea blocked their escape

It was then that a miracle occurred. The waves of the Red Sea parted and the Israelites were able to cross to the other side. As soon as they all reached the other side the sea closed trapping the Pharaoh's army as the waves closed upon them

Then as the Israelites watched the waters of the Red Sea sweep away the Pharaoh's army they realized they were finally free

Passover celebrates this history. The first 2 nights of the 8 day holiday are celebrated with lavish meals called Seders in which the stories and history of Passover are celebrated. Special foods, plates, silverware are all a part of the Seder.

The story of passover is also told (sort of) in a Metallica song called "Creeping Death"

Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:40 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

.. yada yada yada (just found an episode of seinfeld on this comp woohoo)

Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:02 am
Minor Diety

Jesus, that's one big-ass explanation lol. In any case, tnx. I kinda knew all that already though, just wondering if "happy easter" was a "legit" thing to greet someone with. Learned something new! :)

Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:40 am
Minor Diety

Happy easter; Merry Christmas; Happy newyear; happy birthday if you want .. that about covers it i think
(Halloween and stuff we don't really have here)

Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:54 am
Minor Diety

lol we never say happy halloween in uk anyway, tho dunno if thats just me or everywhere *shrugs*

Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I say it but not as a real thing such as Happy New Year, just if i remember that its halloween

Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next