It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Thought of the Day 
Minor Diety

you can neither confirm nor deny that earth just happened. you were not there, I was not there. But the chance is so slim that it all just grew this way. it's a myth that non-believers cling to, just to hope that it proves a point, when really, it proves no point, either way.

how ever, you say that he should impose upon us some means of defining good from bad. This could purely be to test wether or not we choose to become Good, or Bad. some one, must have invented good and bad. The good wouldn't invent good for fear of blasphemy and self righteousness, they wouldn't invent bad for fear of putting them selve before others.The Bad wouldn't invent bad for fear of criminalism (is that a word?) and prejudice, and they wouldn't invent good because they wouldn't want to admit to some one being better than them. It's human nature to want to be the best, it just depends what you aim for.

Some one, some where, must have "inserted" these thoughts. We think, therefor we are. A mere smudge on the face of insecurity. We think therefor it is. A mere smudge on the face of those who believe.

either way, you think stuff, and you make it true. I think there is a God, there for there is one. Doesn't mean it's true for all people mentaly. But there must be something that caused me to think it. And there must be something that caused people thousands of years ago to think it.

It's kinda like, when you are a Kid. you think there is a monster under the bed. you become so struck with fear that you darenot move. As far as you are concerned, there IS a monster there.

I conclude that people's belief is there own to do with what they will, hence I do not force religion. Heck, I'd love Pev to believe in God. But she won't. I won't make her, it'd just make me feel easier but hey. I can't force people to believe in God. God himself can influence them. He can give them a sign. And every so often he does. Jesus was born unto a virgin, people are cured miraculously, or people die with out real reason. Maybe showing that God should be fear should you oppose him? dunno. There will always be this Huge gap in sceince. With which God will be the explanation

Many sceintists believe in God. Many Disbelieve in the results of God and try to prove them wrong, or to be done another way. But they still believe.

Everyone needs something to turn to.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Everyone needs something to turn to.

Very true, hence why so many people believe in god.

But mole, you seem to be backing your points rather lightly and with no real rational arguments.

Ox wrote:
God must exist, cos many ppl believe in him

This seems to be the only argument available for believers.

Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:28 am
King

I think that because of the self-awareness of humans, we have wondered what happens after we are dead, this makes us think that we must have an afterlife as part arrogance and part reassurance to ourselves. Our questions on how everything works also means some people perhaps invented God. Oh yeah, on the simiralities of Muslim, Jewish and Christian religion, they come from the same source, weird considering they malcontent against each other :?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:56 pm
Minor Diety

hmm, i know... the problem is, as the existance of God COULD depend purely upon faith, and science is out to be against God.

Sceince is more now, more this century, and people have an easier time believing it. Could be ignorance, fear or lazyness :P

Rock Band [35%]

Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Sceince is more now, more this century, and people have an easier time believing it. Could be ignorance, fear or lazyness :P

eh? isnt science about truth?

Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:41 pm
Marquis

Science just explains how we see things and how stuff works, religion tries to give meaning to things and finds reasons why things are like they are. I dunno whether both can ever be correct, i would guess only one of these can be possible.
I vote Science :wink:

Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:29 pm
King

Science just explains how we see things and how stuff works, religion tries to give meaning to things and finds reasons why things are like they are. I dunno whether both can ever be correct, i would guess only one of these can be possible.
I vote Science :wink:

Yeah Science never starts wars.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:17 am
Minor Diety

In relation to your post franny, Religion answers the questions that science seems unable to at the time.

Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:19 am
King

In relation to your post franny, Religion answers the questions that science seems unable to at the time.

I wonder how they will get round, is there life after death?

Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:55 am
Minor Diety

Simple. Remember that feeling of non-existence before we were born? Well, the same thing happens when we die.

Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:50 pm
Minor Diety

One always speaks in opinion, and sometimes in assumption. But never indefinately.

Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:25 pm
King

Simple. Remember that feeling of non-existence before we were born? Well, the same thing happens when we die.

Great, we're talking about before concusioness, do we know if that would happen?

Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:38 am
Minor Diety

to tired to think straight right now. But while science may not start wars, it is used greatly in them. Perhaps religion can not exist with out science, and vice versa?

Sceince can be evil, religion (mostly) is intended for good.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Shutup Mole! Stop trying to change subject. :D

Myrdiin: Yes we do know, because we have no proof of before or after life. Therefore there is simply non-existence.

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:51 am
Minor Diety

you have no proof of its existance. you have no proof of it not existing. therefore, we do not know.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next