It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next
and the results are in.. 
Minor Diety

Mountains, plains, all sorts of nice shit.

Just dont challenge a Kenyan to a race.

Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:32 am
King

Kenya? nice!

Mountains, plains, all sorts of nice shit.

Just dont challenge a Kenyan to a race.

They're meant to be some of the best runners aren't they?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:57 am
Minor Diety

Long distance runners yeah...they suck at short distances tho.

- Coach

Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:40 am
King

Long distance runners yeah...they suck at short distances tho.

Must be stamina, running after their food?

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:23 am
Minor Diety

Kinda, they get their superior long-distance running skills from a combination of following things:

->to poor to own car/bike
->water, school, work far away often, long distances
->thin air, high altitudes

- Coach

Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:59 am
King

Kinda, they get their superior long-distance running skills from a combination of following things:

->to poor to own car/bike
->water, school, work far away often, long distances
->thin air, high altitudes

I think we're getting a little racist here

Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:04 am
Minor Diety

Erhm, how was that racist? That's how the situation is in Kenya, period. But plz enlighten me on what you found racist in that statement.

- Coach

Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:59 am
Minor Diety

Ox is right, its mostly due to the level of O2 at high altitude. Their bodies are used to needing lower amounts of O2, so when they compete in say Barcelona (low altitude) they kick ass.

Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:22 am
King

Ox is right, its mostly due to the level of O2 at high altitude. Their bodies are used to needing lower amounts of O2, so when they compete in say Barcelona (low altitude) they kick ass.

It's hard to explain racist but they do run for a long time, I go by Rincewind's version, run all the races

Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:06 pm
Minor Diety

Pev, care to translate this from Discworldian to normal speech? :roll: :)

- Coach

Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:20 pm
Marquis

oh just so you all know, and cause i blantly like to boast :D i got straights A's in Maths Physics and Chemistry at A-level.

Only just scraped the A in Chemistry i got 499/600 and the boundary is 480/600. Of course in maths and physics's i was like over 570/600 :D
i love being smug :P

Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:11 am
Super Moderator

Heh - good stuff mate. I'm doing A2 papers next year [and we have to resit AS since we had a year's gap between AS and A2 - not complaining though - we weren't taught well for AS and as a result we sucked] so I guess I'll have to equal you :P

Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:56 pm
King

Pev, care to translate this from Discworldian to normal speech? :roll: :)

I'll do it. Basically Rincewind, the incompetent wizzard of discworld fable, thought, in the Last Continent, that racist meant running races such as the marathon, 10m dash, etc, until he was told the true meaning I realised he wasn't, and that he divided the world into those who would kill him and those who do not, fine points such as colour andrace does not come into it. Oh yeah, congrats Fran on your results, I'm doing Ancient History, Archaeology, Computing and Chemistry for AS, what fun as I tell myself.

Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:44 pm
Minor Diety

Computing eh? I did that, i got a D, but thats cos im a slacker. :) Its not really hard, the hardest thing, is probably getting to grips with Delphi.

Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:47 pm
King

Computing eh? I did that, i got a D, but thats cos im a slacker. :) Its not really hard, the hardest thing, is probably getting to grips with Delphi.

Chemistry is hard, I had to learn about the Mass Spectrometer in the second lesson and I'm still in the Induction fortnight. Archaeology I got to go on my first field trip on the second day so that isn't bad

Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 20  Next