It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Bullshit (split from Doom III topic) 
Minor Diety

"some", haha. Better make that "most". I would think a rightious christian would get a kick outta whooping the devil, guess not. Maybe I'm more christian than they are. :)

Slightly off-topic: Just saw a cool documentary on the voyager flights, and about the information they carried about earth, humanity etc. Now, there was a lot of physionomical information in there, but NASA blocked a drawing (!) of a naked man and a naked woman, because it feared it would get sued after receiving several angry letters from prudes that objected that their tax money would be used to sent out 'smut' into space. :/ This was around 1972-77, but like wtf. Also, a picture of a naked couple of which the woman was pregnant got blocked and no images of 'loving contact' were sent along. There was a sound recording of a kiss, which had to be a heterosexual kiss. How on earth anyone would hear a difference beats me, but bleh. In short: due to an amount of morons and the lack of any vision/balls from NASA's side there is no image whatsoever of naked humans on it.

That's just great. We got pics of snowflakes and god knows what on there, but no bare humans. sigh. So much for extra-terrestrials or future human generations finding the voyager capsules.

Of course, If it were up to me spaceflight would be abolished alltogether, until further notice. I never saw the use of potentially alarming a hostile force of our existence. Bleh, end of rant.

- Coach

Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:03 pm
Minor Diety

man, that's some funny stuff. Some of the comments are hilarious too. It's amazing how stupid some Christians are. It's also amazing that these people have figured out how to use the internet. heh. Anyway, an entertaining read. :)

lol, Ratio of dumb americans is higher ;)

but yeah, that's one dumb christian.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

dumb American Christians, maybe. heheh. I think you'll find that most Americans that are dumb, are Christian. It's the culture. It takes intelligence to break a social constraint and do your own thing.

Anyway, I think 95% of all Christians should be crucified. Muhahahaha!

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Doesn't 80% of all Americans believe in the devil? And off course they still don't use the metric system. maybe they are not really dumb, just primitive. ;)

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:54 am
King

lol, I would LOVE to know where everyone is getting their stats and %'s from. Cause 99% of the post on this thread are full of shit. The 1% being not full of shit would of course be mine since 93% of all non-christians lie due to not haveing any moral standards.

Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:35 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

lol, all your post a bull :P and Christians believe in the devil anyway, i think arathorn, that you mean they worship the devil? %. Sorry, didn't want to break the pattern.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Worshipping no, I didn't accuse Americans of being insane.
Why would someone who's not a christian lie and say he/she is a christian?
Something that doesn't have to be proven with numbers is the simple fact that Americans still don't use the metric system, not even in science and engineering.
They don't even use a real system, but rather a set of measurements that have few things to do with each other.

Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:50 pm
King

Humm, Americans, christians, the metric system, %'s.... whats the topic?
O thats right Doom 3.

The US military use's the metric system.

Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:56 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

http://www.csicop.org/articles/b-day6000.html

Quote:
Even today, around 20% of Americans still believe that the world was created less than 10,000 years ago.

1/5, that's pretty fucked up. lol.

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:00 pm
Minor Diety

The US military use's the metric system.

Really? That's good news. Although in the airforce height is still measured in feet, and because most European armies buy American planes European fighter pilots have to work with them.

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:30 pm
King

http://www.csicop.org/articles/b-day6000.html

Quote:
Even today, around 20% of Americans still believe that the world was created less than 10,000 years ago.

1/5, that's pretty fucked up. lol.

What's fucked up is your source is the "Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal "

you where better off making up numbers.

Quote:
But 1 in 5 Americans still prefer Bishop Ussher's methods and conclusions to those of modern science.

Maybe because modern science onces thought the earth was flat.

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

The source was an independent survey by a magazine called Free Inquiry and not that comittee as such, which you surely must have seen written in the article itself.

scientists, laymen and christianity believed the earth was flat all the same, so that doesn't make much sense. Before there was the scientifical means to know if the earth was round you could have guessed either way. :roll: (which is exactly what pythagoras did in ancient greece btw...he figured the earth had to be round cos the moon was, pythagoras was pretty cool apparently ;) ) The church has never really hammered the fact that the earth is flat no, but the bible says it is, which is kinda funny. :) (of course I know better than to take the bible literally, but it's good for fun)

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

In fact, there was an Egyptian guy (probably a Greek Egyptian) some time bc who figured out the radius of the earth quite accurately (by comparing the angle light rays from the sun reach earth on at several places).

Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Felix Rex

A larger portion of America uses the metric system than you may think. Certainly we're all familiar with it, and the reverse can't be said for the rest of the world. Also, not to be an ass, but the metric system isn't exactly based off anything either. It's 10 base, but where does a 'meter' derive its measurement from?

Supposedly there's a stick somewhere that's 'a meter', except that the stick has been shrinking over the centuries. Some other say the meter is based off a division of the circumference of the earth (or some such shit), but, once again, that's rather arbitrary.

bleh. Regardless, 98% of the Turkish population believe in the importance of forest preservation.
http://www.turks.us/article.php?story=20030514085204849

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. Wow, crazy Turks. Ban them from the EU for that, I say! :)

And, apparently, this is how the meter came to be.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mmetric.html

Beats me though. What you're saying is true btw, for me (and any other person that lives in a metric zone) the metric system seems more "straightforward" than with feet and inches, but in the end that's all subjectivity of course. So much for me stating the obvious. :)

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next