It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
*opening up a can of worms* 
King

Post *opening up a can of worms*
Has anyone seen "The Passion of the Christ" yet?

Ok, I just got back from seeing and all I have to say is......my god. That movie was more powerful than any book, sunday school class, chruch serman, anything that I have ever dealt with reguarding religion. I cried! Te theater was completely full, the other theater was rented out by a local chruch and it was full. Everyone in that theater was crying. It was just....Im at a loss for words. Im still shaking my head in awe of the power in the movie.

Btw, I didnt see anyone looking to go Jew bashing after the movie. I saw a bunch of humble people crying and hugging each other.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Yeah maybe I'll download it. It will probably take some months to ship that movie to this side of the Atlantic. :roll:

Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:14 am
Duke

I was planning to go see it soonish. We have the day off on Wednesday so maybe then... But i'm not so good with violence and blood. :?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:58 am
King

Well I will say this...it is very graphic.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:19 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

i want expecting that from you 11b. I know youre a US patriot but i thought you were atheist. I know that the fiml can still be powrful if you are atheist.

am i wrong?

Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:53 am
Felix Rex

naw, I think he's a filthy god lover. :/ However, I will say that everyone I know that's seen it thinks it's really well done. I have not seen it myself, however.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:46 am
Profile WWW
King

I am a Christian. I practice my faith as a Catholic.

This movie was very powerful and inspiring for me. Like I said, never has any church sermon, or priest, or sunday school every got the message across like this movie has. To see the beinging of your faith, the begining of christianity in such a life like movie... its very moving.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:12 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

At least you're catholic; we get to have a bit of fun, unlike those hell-spawned protestants! :D I bet satis was raised protestant. :evil: (for those of you who didn't know or figured out yet: i was raised catholic, once :roll: )

Erh, anyway, so the best-selling fiction novel in the world is trying to become the best selling movie in history as well eh? Damn, I really need to get a church of some sort running for me, there's bound to be some ppl will that believe me. Including me. And Tom Cruise and John Travolta, of course.

Wouldn't it be cool if i could be in the theathres there, watching crowd after crowd break out in tears? Now THAT'S a sight i'd pay money for! I can still see the movie on DVD later on. ;)

Cool that you enjoyed it that much tho, i don't know if getting emotionally hammered like that falls under "enjoy", but blah, you know what i mean. :) It's not my kind of thing, but hey.

- Coach

Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:42 pm
King

At least you're catholic; we get to have a bit of fun, unlike those hell-spawned protestants! :D I bet satis was raised protestant. :evil: (for those of you who didn't know or figured out yet: i was raised catholic, once :roll: )

Erh, anyway, so the best-selling fiction novel in the world is trying to become the best selling movie in history as well eh? Damn, I really need to get a church of some sort running for me, there's bound to be some ppl will that believe me. Including me. And Tom Cruise and John Travolta, of course.

Wouldn't it be cool if i could be in the theathres there, watching crowd after crowd break out in tears? Now THAT'S a sight i'd pay money for! I can still see the movie on DVD later on. ;)

Cool that you enjoyed it that much tho, i don't know if getting emotionally hammered like that falls under "enjoy", but blah, you know what i mean. :) It's not my kind of thing, but hey.

There was a movie about it, it was called Battlefield Earth and it bombed. That best selling fiction novel, about 90% of the world believe its true. How can some many people be so wrong? If you can prove its fiction I might believe you.

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

lol, you mean on scientology aye? (Battlefield Earth) And does "bombed" mean "sold really well" or "miserably flunked"? Soz, english isn't my native tongue.

Let's not get in the God argument again, wasn't there a topic on it here a few months ago? We'll just keep it at you believe that God exists, and i don't, there's not much chance that we'll be convincing one another there. :)

But i'm willing to give you proof that the bible, or at least important parts of it, was fiction. I'll post some stuff tomorrow or something, when i can be bothered. It's upstairs, and it's at least 10 metres away from here! :o I need a wheelchair lift.

P.S. 90% of the world believes that the bible is the word of God? Wouldn't that mean that 90% of the world population or so is a christian? :/

- Coach

Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:08 pm
Minor Diety

That would be hard, the mayority of people who believe in something are those fi... ehm nice muslims.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:47 am
Minor Diety

well i for one haven't heard of the film and being of the atheist persuasion, i'm not exactly tempted to go see it from your description. but hey, i'm glad that you found it inspiring. Atheist i may be but i respect your beliefs. if i didn't, mole would kill me lol

Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

films are very inspiring. im not surprised that you found it more brain-washing than 48hrs in a church.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:33 am
King

Rinox "bombed" meaning it sucked at the theaters. In fact, I have read the scientology book by L.Ron Hubbard(spelling)

Im not here to convert anyone or tell you your going to burn in hell or anything like that. Im just saying, it was a good movie and I think you, non believers, might find it interesting as well.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:00 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

omg...was that 11b being rational and good-natured? heh. Wonders will never cease.

Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next