It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 12:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Food suggestions 
Minor Diety

Post Food suggestions
since we have topics about some of other finer things in life (music, books, movies, even a complete games forum) I figured I'd make a food topic. Post your recommended and favorite foods here. No beers, that's a different topic. :P Just to make sure that this thread doesn't derail within 20 minutes. (but who am I kidding)

MY first 'suggestion' to y'all is Manchego cheese...it's one of my all-time fav foods, delicious dry cheese with a long-lasting taste, made from sheep milk. Try it if you find it. :)

http://www.cheesefromspain.com/CFS/1505Manchego_I.htm

- Coach

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:30 pm
Felix Rex

As for actual food, I'm quite fond of my brandied shrimp fetucinni. :)

Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Lol, i feel like such a scumbag right now, but simple things like beans on toast are great.

Any sunday roast is definatly welcome.

Also a good pasta or so.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:38 am
Minor Diety

Never heard of that Manchego cheese. I had a feeling it might have been iberian or mexican...*imagines mexican cheese*...

This is a pretty huge topic. But i have two things to say straight away: Brie is the poor mans posh cheese. :) and Mole, *slaps mole for mentioning beans on toast*.

I love all cheeses in general. Unfortunately i live in the most untalanted cheese making country in existence *except maybe mexico* the UK. Imagine this, you walk into the supermarket (on the cheese and dairy aisle) and what do i see!? 10 meters of shelf space for cheese and half is used up for cheddar! Cheddar is the peasant cheese! When will the British learn?

As for my favourite foods, well the first that pops up in my mind is genuine italian pizza. None of that supermarket bullshit, im talking about proper pizzeria pizza, stone or wood oven. Theres this place near Venice where my familiy lives and there, there is a pizzeria called Leo. OMFG, divine divinity! :o

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:19 am
Minor Diety

To be blunt Derf, i think you live in one of the most untalented food making country, it's not just the cheese. Just look at Mole, he think beans of a toast are great. :?

I can't think of anything i really really prefer over other things. I love making things in a wok-pan, that's really delicious most of times. Often with pasta. My shrimps & surimi-sticks (or other fish) with tagliatelli is something we often eat, just because it's so damn good.
Btw if you're looking for good pasta-sauce and don't want to make it yourself, there are these tiny pots from 'Sacla', they're very good (especially arabiatta).

Spare-ribs, mmm, that's also great yeah, especially in an 'all you can eat' way. * starts drooling * Damnit now you made me hungry again.

Any pointers as to where you get that cheese Ox? Big supermarkets?

~King of Thieves~

Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:33 am
Minor Diety

Oh yeah i totally agree with your there J. The UK has the most superbly bland and rubbish kitchen in the world. It sucks, but i think this Labour govenment is our only hope that this will change.

God damn, i love spare ribs. I dont know whether its the whole meat-on-bone thing but chinese style chicken legs and ribs put a smile on my face for the whole week. Until i shit like a lion!

Yeh Stir fry kicks ass too. Mushrooms, peppers, those funky little vegertables, soy sauce, et voila!

Theres one thing i dont like about food in general, and that is, stupidly hot stuff.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:35 am
Minor Diety

I like English breakfast though, it's a lot and it's fat. What else do you need in your meal?
I have no idea what English people are supposed to eat at night though.

In the morning I normally eat loafs of bread with a baked egg, some salad like salmon or shrimp salad or "hagelslag" (chocolate sprinkles).

Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:52 am
Minor Diety

Im never very hungry in the mornings. Usually i either have an apple or nothing until lunch.

English people eat all sorts of things for dinner. Usually its rather unimaginative cooking compared to other cultures.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:10 am
Felix Rex

just fyi, Mexico actually has some good cheese that comes out of it. Lots of good food in general.

Anyway, I don't typically eat breakfast except on the weekends. Then it varies, but usually involves fried eggs, toast, and maybe pork chops or something. :)

Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

just fyi, Mexico actually has some good cheese that comes out of it.

Ah right. :) Never thought mexico was much of a diary product kind of place.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:20 am
Minor Diety

I'm never really hungry early in the morning either, so I normally have breakfast at eleven and no lunch.

Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:18 am
Minor Diety

Btw if you're looking for good pasta-sauce and don't want to make it yourself, there are these tiny pots from 'Sacla', they're very good (especially arabiatta).

Oh yeah, they rock. I actually buy them to smear seperately on my sandwiches, it's that good. Sacla powah!

J wrote:
Any pointers as to where you get that cheese Ox? Big supermarkets?

Yeah, I found it in Delhaize (fancy man's supermarket eh ;) ) one day, and they have it in most of their stores. Check it out if you can, it's really awesome cheese.

lol@Derf's cheddar rant. :D And also @ beans on toast and spare ribs. ;)

So far the only thing mentioned that I haven't had is Satis' and J's respective shrimp dishes. If it's really as good as you guys say it is I'll be sure to give them a go.

I never have breakfast btw. And if i'm out during the day I don't have lunch either, I just hold one major binge party in the evening. ;) Mostly cos of my screwed up biorythm..I get up around 11-12am and go to be at 4AM, so dinner= lunch and late night eating= dinner to me. In a way.

Anyway, other favorites:

Canneloni
my self-made mozarella-tomato-basilicum-garlick combo
mackerel (yeah baby)

Satis a Brie man? Bizarro. :) I'm not really into soft cheeses, but can't go wrong with Brie of course.

- Coach

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:21 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Im never very hungry in the mornings. Usually i either have an apple or nothing until lunch.

English people eat all sorts of things for dinner. Usually its rather unimaginative cooking compared to other cultures.

usually some meat with some kind of potato product.

this country would shut down if someone took all the potatoes away. :wink:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:20 am
Minor Diety

Saying that. I can't cook for shit. I wouldnt have a clue what to do with potatoes.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next