It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
time stopping 
Emperor

When we talk about things that common human senses can percept (sound, colour, smell, touch, taste) they are just collection of things that people know of world around them, and they are able to make opinions on them. Ppl can be very divided in opinions about favourite colour but some things are very generalized, like opinion of most peoples about going into bath with piranes or nude swiming in lava. Humans see parts of nature and interpret it on a similar way. They make different opinions but not as much because of physics as much because of their innate senses - mind. There is great part of nature that cannot be seen other way but through various kind of machinery. AND there is still great part of nature that cannot be seen anyhow.

Thu Apr 29, 2004 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
Emperor

Now about colour and light. Physicaly, that are two opposite things:

While light is *additive*, colour is *subtractive*. What I mean?

Light have three basis components: Red, Green and Blue. I won't talk much about getting white light by sending R,G and B lights to same place. More lights you mix, light is closer to white. At the other side, Red, Green and Blue light have its oppose:

Red - Cyan
Green - Magenta
Blue - Yellow

so, that is famous CMYK printing system that involves one more colour - black, because it would be very expensive (but also very available) to create black from mix of C,M'n'Y printer colours. Now, if you are not already introduced to this matter you'd like to know which is connection between these three pair of colours. Here is:

- Cyan colour is specific by that it reflects all lights except Red.
(Same for Magenta and Green; and Yellow and Blue.)

Practicaly: If I send white light through yellow coloured filter, then let it pass cyan coloured filter, I'd get green light. Moreover: Red light would get cyan shadow (strange?), and inverse: Cyan light would get Red shadow. Purple light would get green shadow etc.

There is a more larger spectre of colors that we cannot see. So I let other to let their mind loose in furter saga about light. I get tired.

Profile WWW
Emperor

Slowing, Stopping, Reverting and Hasting (?) time

We are beings that live in our three dimensions (of movement) and we are able to make relative moves in any direction but we pay cost by being exposed to one more axis that we cannot control in total: the time. I'm unsure if it allows movement or not but it bring some cosequences that I don't must name. Why I said "not in total"? Apperently, if you move faster your time pass slower. Science is not sure but, there's a theories about that on relative speeds near to the speed of light time process goes reversibile (time goes back), but - still there is not mech nor man that could take that speeds. Far from that. So, we can slow (very true) time but cannot stop or revert it - for now.

One thing is obvious: if time-passing process can be reverted (very questionable), it can be stopped in bordermoment when it no more go forward nor backward; but ONLY for those who reach enough speed. Not for ALL universe (Thing that we talked about is a bit different - absolute stopping time should be more much expensive, ... (prev. post)). Science cannot afford any of these two options for now.

About Franny, Mole and Derf. Hmm... I think that ppl who *stop* time by reaching enough speed could move and live (they just cannot become older) in these little timestop. Otherwise, if you freeze universe there will not be chances for move because freezing all movement involves all human - physical and psychic as well. Even if you can move then you must move other matery and other matery must move other matery... at end you will have to move all universe (well... great part 'cos of black wholes). About dying in that condition (Satis)... maybe yes, maybe no... probably no. I'm too overdriven by this day to think about that now.

ATTENTION: (It is maybe idiotic but "just in case...")
Never heard science talk about hasting the time (making it pass faster). Have you heard some sci talking about that?

Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, hasting the time. Never really heard about that no. Prolly because humans try to get control of time because they fear aging/dying and speeding up that process isn't very interesting from that point of view?

~King of Thieves~

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:40 am
Minor Diety

If you want to learn go read a book save me wsting my time

why dont you wank me slowly instead?

Gfree wrote:
they just cannot become older) in these little timestop

does that mean that you are immortal?

As for speeding up time. MMmmmm. My brain hurts!

Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:04 am
Emperor

they just cannot become older) in these little timestop
derf wrote:
does that mean that you are immortal?

Yes, I guess. Beside that even if

1. That theory is in right
2. They even could reach that speed
3. Theirs bodies and mechs could take that speed
4. They could find enough powerful energy resource

I doubt that anyone could keep and control that speed for a long time. Inertion would take them on constant speed but universe don't move with them. They'll have to avoid planets, asteroids, antimatery storms, black wholes etc. Jeez, that would be nothing but insane attempt.

Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:23 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm assuming that you are on about einsteins theory of relitivity? (spl?) In which case the way i understand it is that if you were to run in the opposite direction to light (not sure if that makes a difference or not), faster than the speed of light, you'd eventually reach "old light" and be seeing "old things" however, if i feel that if you were to some how maintain this state of 'time' you wouldn't be able to touch anything, because what was there would not be there anymore. It was there in the past. Sure, things like buildings might still be there, assuming that you are stood on the exact right spot whilst STILL moving at the speed of light. But as soon as you stood still, it'd all go bye bye, and you'd start catching up to reality again.

The reason i say "opposite direction to light" is because Just running accross the face of the earth, surely the light that was once there, would now be gone? so that you'd need to go against a ray of light for it to still be there?

And as in "hasting" time, i guess it has been refered to in time travel, going to the future. But using the theory of reletivity, it couldn't be done, because if you were to run faster than light, in the same direction as the light, you'd eventually over take the light and see absence of all light. which would be black.

What pickled me for a moment is that if you were to match the speed of light, would you see a constant image? and hense creat a "time stop" ?

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

I'm assuming that you are on about einsteins theory of relitivity?

No, I'm on a basis of physics.

Mole wrote:
And as in "hasting" time, i guess it has been refered to in time travel, going to the future.

Nay, that I meant would be like you getting more and more older before eyes of others who live in normal time speed. You born, get old and die in a short period. Not much useful for peoples but if you apply it on radioactive matery - it make difference.

Mole wrote:
In which case the way i understand it is that if you were to run in the opposite direction to light (not sure if that makes a difference or not), faster than the speed of light, you'd eventually reach "old light"

New theme. Reaching light speed. Good fun!

Mole wrote:
What pickled me for a moment is that if you were to match the speed of light, would you see a constant image? and hense creat a "time stop" ?

Never mentioned that. They apperently are linked but how one could submit that reaching lightspeed mean stopping time?

Tue May 04, 2004 11:05 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

Nah you wouldn't see a constant image, if you travelled at the same velocity of light (or quicker) the light cannot enter your eyes, therefore in effect the universe would become a point. Technically you would have stopped time for yourself though. Anything faster than the speed of light is unimaginable...unless it's nothing.

Tue May 04, 2004 6:49 pm
Minor Diety

Nah you wouldn't see a constant image, if you travelled at the same velocity of light (or quicker) the light cannot enter your eyes, therefore in effect the universe would become a point. Technically you would have stopped time for yourself though. Anything faster than the speed of light is unimaginable...unless it's nothing.

I woulnd't say it's un imaginable, i can imagine something moving faster than the speed of light. All you need to do is up one figure on the speed of light and hey presto. thats just the fastest speed we know of. And yeah, true that the light wouldn't hit your eyes. But then whats to say we know all about light? I mean, i remember hearing that they "thought" light might be a living thing (not sure why) so there may still be yet to discover.

And Gfreeman, I'm not the most 100% Sure on this, but you said "New theme, reaching light speed, good fun!"

It's not new, it's derived from einstiens Theory of Relitivity (if i'm getting the theory right)

Rock Band [35%]

Wed May 05, 2004 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

What i ment was that for you to be travelling faster than the speed of light is unimaginable...
Anyway speeds above the speed of light is an abstract thing, as there is no difference if you went 4 times the speed of light or 7 times the speed of light, you'd instantly translocate anywhere, distance would have no meaning...therefore neither does speed.

And i think G ment talking about reaching the speed of light is a new topic here in this thread, not in general...

Wed May 05, 2004 6:30 am
Minor Diety

ah lol. Sorry bout that. Yeah i get what you mean. But then, I guess it depends on just how big our universe is. On our world, even solar system, and a good majority of the univers, yes, it'd be almost instant. But lets say it takes four years for light to reach us from a star, at light speed, (duh) it'd take the same amount of time.

Our human bodies wouldn't be able to stand up to it though. Heck, we can't stand up to the heat in summer.

1 light year = 9.4605284 × 1015 meters, just for info.

Rock Band [35%]

Wed May 05, 2004 7:45 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

1 light year = 9.4605284 × 1015 meters

Ehm, 10^15 instead of 1015?

Mole wrote:
And Gfreeman, I'm not the most 100% Sure on this, but you said "New theme, reaching light speed, good fun!"

It's not new, it's derived from einstiens Theory of Relitivity (if i'm getting the theory right)

On this topic it is. I said "good fun!" and I meant it. I have not nerves to repeat all I know about EToR and many other things that are moooore mysterious than EToR like Nikola Tesla's model which have to trick any human eye and most of all - any modern radar. Your ship is near Washington but all USA forces see you @ 2km of New York. By radars and by eyes. They cannot shot other but your *image*. At the other side, mysterious projectiles crush White House and all those who are there. No one have idea on from whence they came. Nasty! I can bet they would attach that to Osama Bin Laden. Tesla just said *that model* do *that*. Papers are hold by big kitties like FBI, NASA or Army of USA, Hell I know where. Publicly, no one could understand them, yet; But all thing is definetely linked with time/space deviation.

That is only one of many mysterious things...

As I said - Good fun!

Sun May 09, 2004 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4